Grosvenor House vs Royal Garden for post cruise stay in london?

powelweb

Hi,

Considering doing a day or 2 post cruise in London, and these are 2 of the hotels that X offers for post cruise stays- we've already purchased air through them.

Prices seem relatively comparable, so I'm looking for other feedback- which one has better location for touring,etc.

tia,

Wendy

If this is the Royal Garden Hotel near Kensington Palace I would say that the Royal Garden is a safe bet even if very expensive. We stayed there this summer. Its right on Kensington High Street and looks out over the Palace - well the back of the hotel looks towards the Palace I should say. If you're willing to spend the money then definitely get a palace view room.

Kensington and Hyde Parks are right by as well is the Royal Albert Hall and the Victoria & Albert Museum. You're also a quick ride from Harrods and Harvey Nicks. There are many embassies and quiet side streets in the area.

We found the area clean and relaxing and the hotel rather nice. I do believe they are extensively renovating the 10th floor restaurant but meals are still served in the lobby restaurant.

The hotel is not central but the Kensington High Street subway station is only a block away and its on the Circle Line. Everything we saw in Central London was easily accessible from our overnight base of the hotel. We arrived when a tube strike was on and I thought for sure we would be stranded. The Concierge took out a bus map and plotted our routes for us and it was never more than one or two buses again into the centre to see what we wanted to see. Very helpful chap.

Obviously I cannot compare to other London hotels since this was our very first trip to London but the hotel came from a recommendation of a friend and it exceeded our expectations.

David

Archived