Jewel questions

fhmoore

Hope y'all can help answer some questions...

We're going on the Jewel next September and we haven't been on NCL since Freestyle started....

Is there an "indoor" pool?

What looks like an indoor pool (lap pool??) is in the Spa area. Do you have to pay to use it?

Is it like some other cruises where smoking is restricted to one side or the other of outside areas and lounges?

Is there only one optional formal night on an 11 night cruise?

Is there a program on the cabin TV for checking your bill and making reservations for the alternative dining?

Do you only have to make reservations for the "pay" dining venues or do you have to reserve at all eateries?

Does the fridge in the cabin have mini-bar stuff? If it does can you ask the attendant to remove it so it can be used as a regular fridge?

Hope y'all can help answer some questions...

We're going on the Jewel next September and we haven't been on NCL since Freestyle started....

Is there an "indoor" pool?

What looks like an indoor pool (lap pool??) is in the Spa area. Do you have to pay to use it?

Is it like some other cruises where smoking is restricted to one side or the other of outside areas and lounges?

Is there only one optional formal night on an 11 night cruise?

Is there a program on the cabin TV for checking your bill and making reservations for the alternative dining?

Do you only have to make reservations for the "pay" dining venues or do you have to reserve at all eateries?

Does the fridge in the cabin have mini-bar stuff? If it does can you ask the attendant to remove it so it can be used as a regular fridge?

Yes there is indoor pool in the spa I don't remember the price $20 or 25 maybe.

Yes there is only 1 optional formal night.

No on getting bill on TV and no for making res. for dinner but u can call and make them .

Reservations are not needed for restaurants , however you will have to wait to get a table and the more popular ones the wait will be long unless you are an early evening eater say 5:30 6:00 pm. I highly recommend you make reservations.

Yes there is a mini bar fridge and i just pull everything out and put in on a shelf.

I have never been on this specific NCL ship but I can answer 2 of your questions at a generic NCL level.

You should make reservations for nearly all "specialty" restaurants. You should not and are discouraged from making reservations at the Main Dining rooms (unless you are in a large group). Why - the "specialty" restaurants are quite small and the main dining rooms are quite big.

NOTE: "specialty" restaurants may be "pay extra" or included. Check the Freestyle Daily - it will tell you which restaurants are "pay extra" and for which reservations are advised etc.

If your fridge has mini-bar stuff - just ask your steward to remove it.

Archived