Just got off the Victory from Canada...questions?

funkybbabs

Thanks for all the postings, we're leaving for 7 days on Victory, Sept 25. I have questions....after you return, is there a New York City tour you can book?

Is the Kennebunkport tour worthwhile?

Where did you find information about private sources to book tours. We've been caught behind the 8 ball, we're ususally much more prepared, but dealing with 3 hurricanes in 3 weeks has left us no time to do anything about our cruise. We had no cable/phones for a week with Frances, Charley, no electric, now we're waiting for Ivan...

Any information you can give me will help. Oh, by the way, we were in Aruba last year and left the port....temporarily. 2 couples DID miss the ship as they were having a great time at a bar. Ship left without them, then the passengers had the pilot boat bring them out. EVERYONE on the ship was out on their balcony or on deck, some clapping, others booing. We heard it was VERY expensive for them. Captain was not a happy camper.

Linda

Fort Lauderdale

Linda & Lou,

Hope you guys are alright and not much damage and hang in there Ivan's on its way.

I searched the web for months for tours of each port of call.

We have booked with Boston Private Tours for the Boston stop. (private tour)

Booked with Oceanviews Tours for the Portland stop. (15 people van) so we just are assured 2 seats, you might be able to get that. The guys name is Mark at oceanviewtours.com

In Sydney we have booked a private tour to the Fortress with Tartan Tours.

Halifax we booked with Aberdeen Tours to Peggy's Cove.

Hope this helps

Just 2 weeks from today and we will be on board the Victory I watched it set sail today on the New York Port web cam and sail past the Statue of Liberty. That was awsome.

See ya in New York

Can you tell me if they have any ice machines where you can help yourself or do you have to have the steward bring it to you? When we were on our Holland America Cruise we had to always ask for ice and it melted so fast. I finally saw someone come out of one of the rooms and he had his ice bucket filled so after that I filled my own whenever we needed it. Appreciate any info you can give me. We are going on the Victory to Canada on 10/2.

Thank you

:confused: Will we be able to carry our luggage on board?

:) YES...AS LONG AS YOU PACK LIGHT. THERE'S GENERALLY ONLY THE VICTORY IN PORT AT THIS TIME OF YEAR (CHECK THE PORT WEBSITE TO BE SURE) SO LITTLE CHANCE OF SUCH A MIX-UP HERE. WRONG CABIN, PERHAPS, BUT NOT WRONG SHIP.

:confused: Can you tell me if they have any ice machines where you can help yourself or do you have to have the steward bring it to you?

:p OMG, there's two things you'll never miss on a Carnival Cruise - the word "FUN" and ICE - they refill these buckets so frequently that I had to hang my "DO NOT DISTURB" sign out when in the room for a nap or a shower! The ice machines are not accessible to guests on CARNIVAL. If you are an ice lover, you'll be in bliss. Naturally, they hope that you'll use all that ice chilling the in-room assortment of sodas and waters, which will be added to your Sail and Sign Card and replenished like clockwork. Kerching $$ Kerching

We are in a balcony cabin but would like to get all the way to the front of the ship to take pictures on the way out of NY of the 25th. Is this possible? Is the best place to be on the top decks for the pics?:confused:

We are in a balcony cabin but would like to get all the way to the front of the ship to take pictures on the way out of NY of the 25th. Is this possible? Is the best place to be on the top decks for the pics?:confused:
:) It's not necessary to be all the way forward when leaving NY Harbor to see Lady Liberty (I'm not even sure it is possible...the forward decks are mostly crew decks) but be sure to be on the starboard side (right side, if you are facing the direction of travel) of any of the public decks (Lido, Panorama, Spa, Sun or Sky) for a good view. Same deal if you book a balcony cabin - make sure it is on the starboard side. The ship is so large that it is easy to see the statue from pretty much anywhere on that side. We had a full boat and there was still lots of room at the rail for shutterbugs.

Can you tell me if they have any ice machines

We were on Victory 09/11-09/18 Canada/New England and were on Riviera. I recall seeing ice and soda machines in an elcove on Riviera deck. It was a public area not a staff area. So, they are there. We never used them, but definitely saw them.

Hi!

We're going on the Oct. 2nd cruise. I was on the Victory 3 years ago, and I wonder who the cruise director is now. In 2001 it was a guy who had trained birds. I think his name was Corey. My mother went and said, "I never laughed so hard in my whole life!"

If anyone has been on the seven day cruise, what nights are the formal nights?

I guess the first one had to be one of the two port days as opposed to the middle of the week if they had it the sea day. The second one had to be then, because the last sea day is the last day aboard ship. We have never been on a ship where the last day is a formal dinner.

Archived