Watch brands in the on-board stores?

dive-in

My watch died and we have a cruise coming up on the Mariner just after Christmas. I've seen other posts stating the prices on the Tags were good in the on-board stores but that's probably more than I want to spend on one. What other brand of watches do they have? The one that died was a Seiko. The upper end of my range is probably about $500. Can I find a good one on-board, in Cozumel, or just ask for one for Christmas?

My watch died and we have a cruise coming up on the Mariner just after Christmas. I've seen other posts stating the prices on the Tags were good in the on-board stores but that's probably more than I want to spend on one. What other brand of watches do they have? The one that died was a Seiko. The upper end of my range is probably about $500. Can I find a good one on-board, in Cozumel, or just ask for one for Christmas?

I think the watch my parents bought for my brother on our AOS cruise last March was a Seiko - very nice looking watch ( I think it was chrome and stainless steel) they paid $275 for it.....

Here is the thing. There was a watch I found on Freedom that I really like. It was a Seiko diving watch with an orange face. Love it. On the ship, about $400 (for a freakin' seiko!!!???). Anyway, waited till I got home, found it at a nice watch store here in L.A., and paid $140. Big difference. Don't over pay on the ship.

Here is the thing. There was a watch I found on Freedom that I really like. It was a Seiko diving watch with an orange face. Love it. On the ship, about $400 (for a freakin' seiko!!!???). Anyway, waited till I got home, found it at a nice watch store here in L.A., and paid $140. Big difference. Don't over pay on the ship.

Sounds like the Orange Monster......you can buy it cheaper than the ship...........of course,the store you buy it from may not be an AD,but for that price,who cares?

Sounds like the Orange Monster......you can buy it cheaper than the ship...........of course,the store you buy it from may not be an AD,but for that price,who cares?

Very good. It is the orange monster. lol. I was quite happy with the price I got at home. And I love this watch.

Very good. It is the orange monster. lol. I was quite happy with the price I got at home. And I love this watch.

As much as I am addicted to cruising all there is about it,my husband is the same way with watches!! He's obsessed!:p

Some of it has rubbed off,I guess..

As much as I am addicted to cruising all there is about it,my husband is the same way with watches!! He's obsessed!:p

Some of it has rubbed off,I guess..

Does he have the Orange Monster? How much did he pay? I thought $400 was a bit much, but $140 seemed like an excellent price.

I was wondering if anyone has seen Technomarine watches on the ships. I was interested in getting one on my upcoming trip...we'll only be stopping in Nassau, and I'll look there as well. I've checked out prices online and in authorized stores here.

Thanks.

Does he have the Orange Monster? How much did he pay? I thought $400 was a bit much, but $140 seemed like an excellent price.

He paid about the same as you when he bought it a couple of years ago(not at an AD)...he also bought the Black monster for $98.....

He paid about the same as you when he bought it a couple of years ago(not at an AD)...he also bought the Black monster for $98.....

Oh oh oh! Do they still make the black monster? I want that one now!!

There are several on EBay right now.......

along with a yellow one...........and a red one..........but those are limited editions and cost more...

Oh, thanks. I might have to do some shopping today. I guess we will have to cruise together so your husband and I can talk watch. lol.

Oh, thanks. I might have to do some shopping today. I guess we will have to cruise together so your husband and I can talk watch. lol.

We've been eyeing that Mariner Feb 09 cruise..;)

He has dealt with some of the EBay sellers and knows they are authentic....I know we're not supposed to mention stuff like that on here,but the seller with the name pokemonyu is alright!Thats who Dennis buys his from sometimes...

Hope you get it before it gets deleted

We've been eyeing that Mariner Feb 09 cruise..;)

He has dealt with some of the EBay sellers and knows they are authentic....I know we're not supposed to mention stuff like that on here,but the seller with the name pokemonyu is alright!Thats who Dennis buys his from sometimes...

Hope you get it before it gets deleted

Thanks! I hope you come on our Mariner cruise with us. We have a good group going with OBC, etc. Let me know.

A year and a half ago, my watch died so I bought a Seiko I liked on the ship for $200. A few weeks after that cruise I walked into a Seiko dealer here at home to get a link removed and they offered me $400 for the watch because apparently that particular model was very popular and they had people willing to pay a lot more than that. I almost took it but I needed a watch and liked that watch (I'm picky!). So you might be able to find a deal on the ship. Just do your homework in advance.

Archived