My "IT Girl" video is Up!

karfest

Finally! I have my video posted The thumbnail is a picture of the Pride of America that says "This is It" on the screen. We filmed in letterbox format, but it wasn't posted that way so it looks pretty distorted if you view it full screen.

My husband and I had a great time working on this- but it was certainly more work than anticipated. He loves computers and video and is much more of a perfectionist than I am so we had a little bit of creative differences, but in the end it was a lot of fun! Please check it out at http://www.gemitgirl.com/VideoGallery.aspx

It would be FANTASTIC to have all five finalists come from the Cruise Critic board!

I checked it out and voted. Congratulations on the great job! It's great to see more people have posted videos. We need more cruisecritic'ers (is that really a name???) up there!

Pam:)

Hey Julie-

I haven't seen your video yet! Maybe we could finally get on a cruise together:D

It would be great fun to have all 5 finalists from this board- we could have a mini cruise critic party!

Karfest! It was great to see your video! I can appreciate the amount of work it took to create it, especially the video stuff! Wow, I went away for a few days and came home to pages of entries! Very cool to see! Only a few weeks left for others to submit!

Coka

Karen,

I saw your video this morning, it's great! You must have a job in which you deal with the public, you are so polished and at ease. Your submission is so sophisticated, I love it!

I couldn't figure out why I could only see 6 videos, I was sure there were more since I had clicked on "all videos." I've found some others, but there still seem to be very few of them.

Which one is Coka? Which are the other CC applicants?

Jana

Karen,

I saw your video this morning, it's great! You must have a job in which you deal with the public, you are so polished and at ease. Your submission is so sophisticated, I love it!

I couldn't figure out why I could only see 6 videos, I was sure there were more since I had clicked on "all videos." I've found some others, but there still seem to be very few of them.

Jana

Well, I certainly like your critique better than the one from my daughter. She e-mailed "What a Dork!" and then she says "since I am in the pictures, do I get to go along if you win?" I can't imagine why she would want to cruise with a dork!

I have been in the supermarket business for 15 years and the director of a large supermarket for the past 10 years so I've had lots of practice working with people. Remember me next time you complain about your smashed bread or sour milk- I'm the one who handles those big problems!!

Coka has a great video- very clever. It is called "Gemming with Coka", I think it is on page 7 at the moment. I know there are others from CC on there, but I haven't figured them out yet.

Karen,

When on the video page, go to the right, above the first two, top videos, and you will see page number 1 and arrows to the right (in pink I believe). Click on the arrows to move to the next pages and view the other videos. Last check there were about 8/9 pages with 6 videos on each page.

Of course Karen's is new, so she is on the first page. I'm another entry, "Pam's Plea....". Then other cruisecritic gals are: "Gemming with Coka", "Hey Esther", "It's Time for the It Girl Rhyme" (I can't remember the whole title of that one (sorry!), but it is posted near mine), and that's all I can think of.

Any other cruisecritic ladies out there?

Karen and Pam,

Thanks so much! I'm pretty bright, but those dumb*ss arrows slid right by me.

I'm going to look now. Loved Hey Esther! And I found Coka, she's just as classy as I expected her to be. And Karen, I figured out which one is your daughter, the waif without the pineapple fou-fou!

I tried to talk my sister into doing it. She's been on one cruise ever, Norwegian Sea for our parents' 50th anniversary in 2000, so she qualifies. I have talked her into a two-nighter with me on the Gem and she'll be blown away by the evolution of NCL's ships. i.e. -- she ain't got no idea.

Oh, this is so fun!

Julie, have you done one yet?

Jana

Hello - does anyone know how long it takes to see your IT GIRL video once you submit it? I am womdering if I did it right...after I pressed submit, there was no message or anything saying "submission successful" or anything like that. If anyone has an email or number that I could call to check, I'd appreciate it!:p

After you click submit, a message of confirmation should have come up. If it did not, then submit it again. The rules say it can take up to 24 to 48 hours. After my first admission (50 hours later), I resubmitted my video and it was up within a few hours.

Coka

Hello - does anyone know how long it takes to see your IT GIRL video once you submit it? I am womdering if I did it right...after I pressed submit, there was no message or anything saying "submission successful" or anything like that. If anyone has an email or number that I could call to check, I'd appreciate it!:p

I can't wait to see it! What name is it under?

Can anyone tell me who did Hey Esther?

Jana

Is yours up yet? There are suddenly a lot of new ones so I can't keep track! I sent mine on a Saturday night and it was up on Monday morning.

I think that makes 5 from the CC board so we can't take anymore:D

Good Luck to everyone!

Is your video up yet? there are so many new ones I am losing track!

I sent mine on a Saturday night and it was there by mid-morning on Monday.

I think we have 5 from this board now so everyone else has to wait for the next ship:D

I see the board is messing with me again- I get the white screen of death so I retype my reply and then both show up!!! Oh well...

I see alot more entries are conming in so maybe it's taking them longer to post them. If you received the Thank you message, they must have it- I would wait until Saturday and then send again. I'm trying to figure out how to "bump" mine back to the first page!!:D

I sunbitted on Wednesday, so I should see it by Friday, or maybe Saturday? When should I submit again?

If you submitted Wednesday, it should have been up yesterday, though they do say 48 hours, so maybe by the end of today - it seems like they take the weekends off. I submitted mine on a Sunday and it was up the following morning. If you don't see it by the end of the day, send it again. I just saw the same person entered two videos, so there is absolutely no harm in sending it again!

Can anyone tell me who did Hey Esther?

Jana

"Hey Esther" is "pcreek" on the boards. She and coka were the first to submit their videos from here, and were written about in the cruisecritic featured article about the search for the Godmother.

I think we have 5 from this board now so everyone else has to wait for the next ship:D

That's funny!

Hi Everybody!

Well, the competetion has heated up! There are some more great videos.

No, I haven't done one, although constantly thinking about possibilities has caused me to have multiple cruise dreams per night, which is a nice side-effect;) .

This is the best cruise contest and cruise prize EVER!!! Just the thought that a non-rich/not-famous lady could become the godmother of a cruise ship based on her own personality, presence, and message is so revolutionary and wonderful.

GO GIRLS!

Archived