Special Occason Package

jay44

I would like to oder the package below:

Special Occasion Packages

This package includes:

• One bottle of champagne in your stateroom.
  • A framed formal portrait.
  • Canapés or petits fours delivered to your stateroom the evening of your choice.
  • Champagne breakfast in bed - a bottle of domestic champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom the morning of your choice.

Item #1105 $145 per couple

Trouble is, there are three of us going together on this cruise, my sister and I, and our father. Sister and I in one cabin, dad in the cabin next door.

This will be father's last ever cruise due to failing health, so we wanted to have the special package just for the three of us.

As you can see the price is per couple, so how will I get around this?

Check with Princess, but my guess is it isn't going to be a problem.

I would just order it and when it comes, ask for an additional glass for the champagne. As far as the photo is concerned, I believe you usually get a voucher for it, so they won't know who is picking that up. Since your cabins are basically next door, just decide which cabin you want to do it in.

That's a really nice thing to do for your dad. I know our family cruise photos have been a true treasure for all of us.

I'm sorry to hear about your father's failing health and just wanted to say that I think it's great you and your sister are taking your father on holiday.

I'm sure that this won't be a problem. If you call princess in southampton they should sort this for you.

I actually got this special occasion package for my birthday last week on board the CB. I got a letter in my stateroom upon checkin listing the items I was entitled to.

I ordered the canapes one morning for delivery later that afternoon. There were approx. 15 small appetizers that my husband and I shared. If you don't there will be enough you could also order some snacks from room service.

When I was ready to purchase my photos I just showed the person ringing up my sale the letter and they didn't charge me for one of the 8x10 photos and asked me to choose the frame that I wanted (four to choose from, walnut, black, and two silvers)

As far as the champagne breakfast, they will give you a room service tag to put on your door and you can order as much or as little as you want. You have to put the number of persons on the top of the slip. They should bring you that amount of champagne glasses as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

When I go to my 'cruise personaliser' to choose the special occasion option, it doesn't give the first night of sailing as an option.

Ideally I would love that we embark, go to our staterooms, and there is the champagne and canapes waiting for us.

Do you think this would be possible? And if so how would I go about it?

Jay

Jay,

You'll have to call room service to have these things delivered. Since they don't know what time you'll be embarking, it is hard to have them waiting. However, we have found them to be very quick getting it taken care of for us.

Hope you have a fabulous cruise and enjoy this special time with your dad!

we did this when our daughter was with us, it was not a problem we just filled out the breakfast card and TONS of food was delivered. From what I recall we had champagne (good stuff) waiting for us when we got to the cabin, with I think chocolate strawberries, we did the package one step up from this that included a massage but I would think you will have the same treatment. Maybe your TA can call ahead and give them a heads up about your dad. That is so wonderful of you to take him! Oh on the photo we just had to show the photo place our letter then they signed it and gave us the photo, no big deal at all.

Just my opinion. Compare this with "Balcony Breakfast" for two for $25. You may be better off with that because breakfast in bed is not what you want. There is lot of food even when ordered for two. Just add a 3rd chair. The rest of the items -- canapes, strawberry with champagne, etc. can be ordered separately from the gift selection list. /Sultan

Just my opinion. Compare this with "Balcony Breakfast" for two for $25. You may be better off with that because breakfast in bed is not what you want. There is lot of food even when ordered for two. Just add a 3rd chair. The rest of the items -- canapes, strawberry with champagne, etc. can be ordered separately from the gift selection list. /Sultan

As neither of us has a balcony with out statesroom, I don't relish the thought of sitting on the edge of our beds eating a scrumptious breakfast, so it's not something I am considering, but thanks for the suggestion.

Archived