St M and S Thomas help

woodmill100

If anyone can help with both, I'd be grateful!

I will be over 4 months pregnant by the time we reach both islands. This is our first child and I have no idea how my skin or me personally will react to heat and humidity. I don't want to be stuck on ship and do want to see both islands and do a little shopping/lunch etc. I have looked at tours offered by the likes of no rush, air force 1 and sunny liston but all seem to have tours that incorporate 2-3 hours at the beach.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to see both islands but without spending so much time at the beach - as much as I love the beach, when onboard if I do have a reaction or simply don't like the heat (:eek: ) I can at least go back to my cabin whereas I'd hate to be on a beach, not enjoying it.

Thanks for your input.

We just returned from St. Thomas/St. Martin. On St. Thomas we had Henry Christopher of EEEtours.com and St. Martin was Victor with SXM tours. We couldn't have been more pleased. In both instances we were given an option of tailoring the time at the beach to suit ourselves. Both Victor and Henry were willing to leave us at the beach for short times or to just drive by, whatever pleased us.

If other people on the tour wanted longer beach stays, they just swing by and pick you up when YOU wish.

Both Henry and Victor were extremely flexible and spoke flawless English. Really can't say enough good things about them.

When we were with Henry at the overlook for Magen's Bay , people from another tour came over and listened to Henry. Told us they couldn't believe the difference!

Iv just booked with Godfrey tours on st Thomas. It seems you can just stop by to look at the beaches if you want,or stay a couple of hours. Also you can choose how long you want to shop for. i have read some good reports about him. Hope iv made the right choice:)

Iv also emailed bernards tours on st Martin to ask if we can stay at the beach for longer, rather than go shopping.Does anybody know if this can be done?

Iv also emailed bernards tours on st Martin to ask if we can stay at the beach for longer, rather than go shopping.Does anybody know if this can be done?

We had SMX tours and Victor arranged it pretty much however we wanted. I would guess several of them do. They seemed more relaxed on St M. than on St. T.

Jim

Preacher is right. Most of the tour guides that are discussed on this site will work with you.

Everyone has their favorites from Joyce, Victor, Bernard etc.

Contact them all and see who you feel more comfortable with. Go to their websites.

Those islands are beautiful. Hope to get back next fall.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Just stay well hydrated (carry bottled water), don't skip meals, avoid sunburn, alcohol.. you're aware of restrictions I am sure.

These tour guides have air conditioned vans where you can be cool and rest. St John's (took tour from St Thomas) was pretty spread out but lots of areas to go indoors on St Martin for shade. The beauty and peace of those islands will be inspiring.

Have a great time.

Laura

Archived