Any suggestions if it's rainy?

BethCarp

We'll be in Cozumel next Wednesday and right now on weather.com it says 60% chance of showers. Now I know this can change since we're still a week out. And I know that showers can come and go with periods of sun. But IF it is rainy all day is there anything on shore we could do? I'll have a 3yo and a 6yo.

We were planning on going to Paradise Beach so I suppose even if it is raining we could still go there for lunch. (The eating area is covered right?) And then maybe see if it clears up a bit. Hey, maybe it wouldn't even be very crowded! (We'll have 6 ships in port that day.) :rolleyes:

We were in Cozumel on the 25th and the forecast also showed rain, but the weather ended up being beautiful. But if you do get rain go into town and do some shopping, go to Carlos and Charlies (they are crazy there) or hire a taxi to give you a tour of the island. We talked to a couple who hired there taxi for the day and they were charged $60.00.

I Don't think I would take a 3 and 6 year old to Carlos and Charlies.....or out shopping for more than an hour or so :)

When it has rained on us there a few times, it moved in and out fast so we still enjoyed the beach. Paradise is a great place to take kids and there are some covered areas that you can hang out at until the rain passes.

We'll be in Cozumel next Wednesday and right now on weather.com it says 60% chance of showers. Now I know this can change since we're still a week out. And I know that showers can come and go with periods of sun. But IF it is rainy all day is there anything on shore we could do? I'll have a 3yo and a 6yo.

We were planning on going to Paradise Beach so I suppose even if it is raining we could still go there for lunch. (The eating area is covered right?) And then maybe see if it clears up a bit. Hey, maybe it wouldn't even be very crowded! (We'll have 6 ships in port that day.) :rolleyes:

Just curious, how do you know how many ships will be in port on a specific day? I also want to go to Paradise and was wondering that. I also read that Paradise you need water shoes to get in the water because its rocky, unless you are lucky enough to get a spot near the toys where it is sandy. Anyone know?

Just curious, how do you know how many ships will be in port on a specific day? I also want to go to Paradise and was wondering that. I also read that Paradise you need water shoes to get in the water because its rocky, unless you are lucky enough to get a spot near the toys where it is sandy. Anyone know?

http://www.cruisecal.com is the site that lists ships in port. I have heard that there are rocky and not rocky areas at PB. I think you're supposed to go to the far end of the beach for no rocky. My boys have water shoes but DH and I do not. We may have to try to buy some somewhere when we get down to FL.

We were in Cozumel this past Saturday and had a little sunshine in the morning and clouds the rest of the day. About 2 hours before the ship was to leave it rained pretty hard. The weather.com forecast before we left called for only a 30% chance of isolated showers and a high UV index with temps in the mid 80's so we were very optomistic about the weather. I guess we ended up in the 30%. lol The water was very rough too so we ended up at a different beach than the one we wanted to go to. We still had a lot of fun though and partied at Carlos n Charlies before we left. I hope y'all have better weather when you go.

Archived