jet ski island tour in key west??

kjaa0913

Yes, my DH & I did this a few years ago & I HATED it. It is the only time I have ever been on a jet ski so maybe I just don't like the concept, but it was frightening. A group of maybe 8 jet skis were to "follow the leader" behind the tour leader allowing at least 100 yards between each jet ski. We left from the pier at Mallory square & the water was very busy with much boat traffic and HUGE waves. We were not the first jet ski behind the leader &, in fact, could not see the leader so were just doing our best to follow & not get mowed over by the large boats in the waterway. After quite a while, we were in less traffic, but the pace was very fast. I wear contact lenses & was afraid they would be blown from my eyes. I was so tense the entire time I could not enjoy any part of the trip. My DH was the driver, but it was the first time he had ever operated a jet ski. I was thankful to return to the pier. I have not & will not ride a jet ski ever again! Perhaps one with more comfort with a jet ski and/or a death wish would find this tour enjoyable.

My opinion only.....

We did it 8 years ago. I own PWCs (personal watercraft and jet ski is a brand name for Kawasaki), and the tour was quite tame. We circled the island and then toured some WWII submarine pens and after returning they allowed us since we all had our own PWCs back home they trusted us to ride them in a small area on our own after the tour. It was a bit rough there so we didn't ride them for a real long time on our own. It was fine, although I prefer riding on my own and not on a tour, but most operators are afraid to turn people loose on their own because of there being so many inexperienced riders and inexperienced riders are a danger to themselves and others.

jc

Archived