Pack and Play vs Crib on Princess (and milk)

Baxter

If anyone has sailed Princess lately, do you know if they provide cribs or pack and plays? We sailed Carnival last month, and they had cribs. Our daughter did NOT do well with it, and we've never had a problem with pack and plays. We figured if Princess uses the standard white-barred crib, we might haul our own.

Oh, and while I'm here: I assume whole milk is available....is that a reasonable assumption?

Thanks in advance :)

We are sailing on Princess in December with our 2 1/2 year old. We called to see what they would be providing for a crib. They told us the manufacturer (Carrom) and model number, but that was about all the information they could give us. When I called the manufacturer after "googling" it, they told me that they haven't made those cribs for 20 years. I'm not sure if I just didn't get bad info from either Princess or the crib place, but I am not going to chance it. We are going to bring a PNP.

Even though he is 2 1/2, our son slept fine in it a month ago- if he is too cramped when we get there, we will just turn the couch around (we are in a mini) to face the wall and make a little bed that way. If figure he will be so tired by the time he goes to bed, he probably won't care where he sleeps!:)

Enjoy your cruise!

We sailed on the Grand Princess last January w/our 3 y/o and 9 m/o sons. We had a crib not a PNP. It was not one of those white cribs. It was made of wood, very rickety, and honestly almost falling apart. I don't think it would pass all the safety requirements for cribs being made now. We opted not to use it b/c it didn't look safe (and instead had our son sleep w/us). However, it is their regulation that anyone under a certain age has to have a crib in the cabin. So, we had to keep it there the entire cruise, but we didn't use it.

So what Myraid said makes sense to me now....the crib we had seemed ancient.

But, that was the only negative thing about our cruise on the Grand Princess. In every other way, it was a good cruise w/our kids (of course, we had the WHOLE family w/us, including both sets of grandparents and several aunts and uncles, etc).

Yes, whole milk was available.

Lisa

Archived