trouble all ready?

emily rose

I think there's a chance of getting lots of kids on a ship any time between mid-February and late April. In New England, schools are off for a week the 3rd week of February (NH is the 4th week, sometimes going into March) and again in April. Private schools and colleges have different times off. I don't think there's any "good" week without kids during that two-month period.

Emily,

Roll call is another board on cruise critics that people on the same ship talking about there cruise and most of the time they meet eachother once on board. anyways it is a fun way to pass the time till the cruise gets here...here is a link to our roll call....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=425873&page=22

Please stop by and introduce yourself and most important have fun!! see ya Chef Brian

That is exactly what we found on our last spring break cruise, notice I said "the LAST". There were just too many unsupervised children onboard. Not college kids, but kids 7-17 that ran all hours around the ship doing whatever they would please. There are just too many other months of the year to cruise and thus we try to avoid any spring break cruises that this might happen again.

Don't blame the kids folks, kids will be kids no matter what the situation when they think nobody is looking. I feel there are far too many parents out there that feel that the kids will be fine, what trouble can they get into they are confined on a ship? :eek: :eek:

We once met a parent onboard that would turn her 7 year old loose at 7:00 AM and the come to dinner (late seating) laughing how she had not seen him all day but had heard he was OK from others that did. She last heard he was eating dinner at the buffet in his swimsuit and the staff was taking very good care of him???????????????????????? Not their job!

Someone needs to dump parents like that, along with the kids, at the nearest port. If there is none close, the ocean would work fine. :D

I have seven kids and I don't think it ever entered any of their heads that they could do stuff like that and come out alive.

Is there any American holidays from 27th January to middle of February 2008.

Just wondering!!!

The Super Bowl and Presidents Day both will fall into that range. Neither will drive a particularly large number of people onto cruises. In fact, if you don't care about football, you'll find that the majority of Americans on your ship will be crowded around whatever TV's they can find during the game and you'll have the rest of the ship to yourself.

We found ourselves in the midst of spring break in Miami and Key West in mid-March in 2001, post-cruise, One hotel employee was very apologetic and explained that colleges started staggering spring breaks over four weeks so that the entire college population isn't out all at the same time.

The Los Angeles Unified School District (second largest in the US) always takes spring break the week prior to Easter (even back in the dinosaur days when I was a student here:o ). It also takes MLK Day in January, Presidents Day in February. But they do take off three weeks in December/January for winter break.

Archived