Deli Sandwiches

mom4travel

I really wish Carnival would start making Cuban sandwiches in their deli. It would be fitting since so many ships sail out of Miami as well as the location of their corporate headquarters. I can't wait to try out the Cuban sandwiches at Latin American Cafeteria in Bayside. mmmmmmmmmmm

I can't wait to try out the Cuban sandwiches at Latin American Cafeteria in Bayside. mmmmmmmmmmm

I love spending the evening before a cruise at the Bayside Market Place, drinking Mojito's (sp?), the food, the music, did I mention the food, watching the ships coming into the bay and turning around, and the food. I really need a Miami fix, does anybody have some extra room in there baggage for me????:confused:

As for the deli, I love the roast beef on rye with mustard and a pickle or the Rueben, or the corned beef on rye....... :homer drool:

1) long line...10 minutes? Is that long..? I overheard a woman on a cruise ship request a calzone, the cheif said, "yes mam that will be ready in just 2 minutes." SMILEs.. the woman says! 2 minutes I do no have 2 minutes to stand here! and she stormed off. I patiently waited 2 minutes and took her calzone, it was wonderful. A line longer than it would take for me to work to make the money, go to the store and buy the stuff, lug it home, then prepare and serve the food, do the dishes and clean the kitchen. If the line is longer then that...I would then it a long line.

2) TUNA on white with mayo and lettuce and tomato....Huge slop of mayo, Ice Cream scoop of wonderful tuna salad, jucy tomato, crisp lettuce....Ahhhh deli heaven....

Anybody ever try taking one of the sandwiches with them on an excursion?

I'm thinking of golfing in particular, it can be a long day without something!

Tom

You arent supposed to take any prepared foods off the ship. You can take pre-packaged items like cereal. Or get a nutrition bar from the spa.

You arent supposed to take any prepared foods off the ship. You can take pre-packaged items like cereal. Or get a nutrition bar from the spa.

I know, hahahah who wants to do that!!

Thanks, Tom

I really wish Carnival would start making Cuban sandwiches in their deli. It would be fitting since so many ships sail out of Miami as well as the location of their corporate headquarters. I can't wait to try out the Cuban sandwiches at Latin American Cafeteria in Bayside. mmmmmmmmmmm

I second that! I am originally from Miami and miss a good crispy melty yummy Cuban sandwich on REAL cuban bread.

Rirruto, you are from NYc, so am I. Where do you get your sandwiches?

I second that! I am originally from Miami and miss a good crispy melty yummy Cuban sandwich on REAL cuban bread.

Rirruto, you are from NYc, so am I. Where do you get your sandwiches?

I get my Cubans from Mama Louisa's in Brooklyn. It is a small Italian grocery and deli. The Cubans are awesome in my opinion. I don't think they use Cuban bread, probably Italian but it's still great. A lot of other great heros too. It's on the corner of Rutland Road and New York Ave. I am from Queens but work in Brooklyn.

Hi,

Does anyone have any information they can share about the deli sandwiches aboard the Fantasy??

Thanks!

Can't tell ya about the Fantasy but I am sure the deli is as wonderful as the one on the Fascination and the Victory. I'm partial to the Reuben (the BEST). My boyfriend is partial to any and all of the sandwiches... 5 to 10 minute wait...? Sometimes, but who cares. Where the heck does anyone have to go in a hurry while on a cruise... :cool:

I love the reubens, but try the BLT thru room service that is super good.

I thought I was the only one that liked the room service BLTs. Are they really THAT good or is it just that we're not the ones making them? Aww, who cares!? They're good! :D :rolleyes:

Actually for those who like them, when you fly into MIA, stop by La Carreta, they have great ones as well as Media Noches also good! And if you really need a Cuban food fix, they have alot of little things they can pack to go. Fun thing to do would be bring the food up to the lido, and let everyone else wonder where you found it.

Archived