Tropical Depression 9..God help us..

praise4him

I was just on a hurricane web site checking on Hurricane Francis and saw that there is a tropical depression that is forming in the Atlantic. We leave on Sept 11 from Ft. Lauderdale on the Carribean Princess for our cruise. Say a prayer for the people that are facing Francis right now as well as this tropical depression that it will just break up and not form into another hurricane. I am praying for all those that live in Florida.

God bless,

Jennifer

I will try to post a picture of the projected storm path..but I haven't done this before so bear with me. I am praying that Francis just takes a right turn and heads out to sea...

And Tropical storm Ivan just breaks up!

I thought they said that September in the beginning was the very beginning of hurricane season. No wonder I got such a great deal on our Sept. 11 cruise!

Praying for all...

Jennifer

It says my file is too large. It cane only take 19 kb and my picture is170 something. Anyone have a suggestion?

I thought they said that September in the beginning was the very beginning of hurricane season. No wonder I got such a great deal on our Sept. 11 cruise!

Jennifer

The atlantic hurricane season goes from June 1st thru Nov 1. There have been tropical storms/hurricanes in every month of the year with the possible exception of Feb or march.

The peak day of hurricane season (the day most likely for there t0 be a hurricane) is SEPTEMBER 13th!!!

The atlantic hurricane season goes from June 1st thru Nov 1............

........The peak day of hurricane season (the day most likely for there t0 be a hurricane) is SEPTEMBER 13th!!!

Hurricane season should read June 1st thru november 30th

Exactly, Trevoli! Hurricane Claudette in JULY of last year (2003) forced some itinerary changes for Western Caribbean itineraries. There were also two Tropical Storms in December of 2003. Your TA was right, Praise4him. That's why your price was so cheap.

in that PEAK hurricane season is September, October and sometimes into November.

T

Once again, the peak of Hurricane season is the second and third week of September. (september 13th is the actual day!!!!)

I have been dealing with them for thirty years!!

I've been watching Ivan since Monday when it first showed up on NOAA as a tropical wave.

The current projection predicts it will become strong, but I'm not that worried about my 9/11 cruise.

So far, it doesnt look like it will head towards Florida.

I don't really mind missing some ports, but when the hurricane effects port everglades, then it becomes a problem, since that means it might effect when my ship departs, and arrives back, since those times are directly linked to when my flights come in.

I'm sure the airline would accomidate... but I don't want to depend on there generosity.

Nic

Hello everyone! We are back in our house after being evacuated and a stay relative's home way out in west broward. After three days in a house with no sunlight (darn storm shutters) a limb on two cars, one on a roof and a tree in the yard we are back at our house with no damage. Go figure. Yes I know it is soooo important to evacuate and I am NOT being sarcastic. It just happend that we thinkg there might have been a small tornado where we were staying. We are still getting feeder bands here but sooo lucky that we have power. Many people do not. The people in they counties north of us are in a lot worse shape. My DH's aunt lives in Boynton Beach and they will not have power or phones for about a week. My family in Orlando just went through Charley and got a large dose of not needed rain and wind. They got by without any major damage. The scary thing is the mayor of Broward county told us not to take down our shutters because Ivan is coming and is forcasted to be near Cuba by Friday. I was born here and lived here my whole life and I have only been in two hurricanes (David in 1979 and Erin in 1995, two weeks after my son was born). Now I have had to deal with the large threat of one and actual evacuation for another in less than a month. One more and I might have to go to the "special place"

Hello everyone! We are back in our house after being evacuated and a stay relative's home way out in west broward. After three days in a house with no sunlight (darn storm shutters) a limb on two cars, one on a roof and a tree in the yard we are back at our house with no damage. Go figure. Yes I know it is soooo important to evacuate and I am NOT being sarcastic. It just happend that we thinkg there might have been a small tornado where we were staying. We are still getting feeder bands here but sooo lucky that we have power. Many people do not. The people in they counties north of us are in a lot worse shape. My DH's aunt lives in Boynton Beach and they will not have power or phones for about a week. My family in Orlando just went through Charley and got a large dose of not needed rain and wind. They got by without any major damage. The scary thing is the mayor of Broward county told us not to take down our shutters because Ivan is coming and is forcasted to be near Cuba by Friday. I was born here and lived here my whole life and I have only been in two hurricanes (David in 1979 and Erin in 1995, two weeks after my son was born). Now I have had to deal with the large threat of one and actual evacuation for another in less than a month. One more and I might have to go to the "special place"

I cannot imaging what you are having to go through now. I come from the tornado capitol of the world but even experiencing a tornado is nothing like this. They are over within minutes to an hour. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Hi Neighbor: I live in Coconut Creek and my mother who lives in a high rise condo on A1A evacuated to me for four nights. WOW---what a loong weekend being boarded up, but we were extremely lucky. My power only went out for 12 hours. Her condo on the beach never lost power !!! At least we are safe and house is fine, but lots of trees down and debris. Labor Day for me and my neighbors was just that ---- definitely not a holiday !! Mom & I are scheduled to cruise next Saturday (9/11) to celebrate her 93rd birthday. Why do we need threat of another??????? Where do you live??

We live in Tamarac right now. We weren't under mandatory evacuation. but since we do not have storm shutters (DH always used plywood) and our house is one of those strange houses (not a mobile home but a modular home I think it is called) I am not staying. Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts, and I know there are a lot of fellow cruise critic members that are in a lot worse shape than us right now.

Archived