Cruising 6 weeks after ankle surgery?

My Mom, Sister and I have planned a girls cruise for end of Jan on Echantment of the Seas. I just decided to have surgery on my ankle in mid-December. My orthopedic says I will be okay to go on cruise then, but will not be doing any extensive walking. I will either still be in boot, or just out of one. We are booked in JS on deck 8, so I will just have one deck to go up to plant myself by the pool, and a few decks down to dining room.

I am sure someone out there has been through similar any tips?

OhioCruiseMom

Even if your orthopedist gives you the greenlight -- most important -- you may find the cruising conditions a little iffy. No one can predict what the sea conditions will be; after having been thrown out of the shower during heavy seas when my wife and I cruised on the Radiance, I'm always wary.

At the same time, you seem to be acting responsibly, so I won't tell you what to do -- I just share my feelings.

Should you go, have a good time! If you don't, could you send us the tickets? I think three days is much too long to go between cruises. :)

Go for it! I was in a FULL leg cast, flew from LAX to Miami, then went on a 7 day cruise ONE week after surgery!!!! I don't recall much of the trip being that I was on meds/alcohol, but going off of the video, it appears that I was having a great time!! ;)

Archived