Ft. Lauderdale hotel

redhotpepper

Does anyone know a good hotel to stay in the night before our cruise in Ft. Lauderdale?

We're on the January 19th Mediterranea. At that time of year, I won't risk trying to fly in the day of, especially since we live on the other side of the country.

Thanks,

Annie

If you are looking for a clean inexpensive hotel, you might try the LaQuinta Inns & Suites - Ft. Lauderdale Airport location. After checking it out on Trip Advisor, and from some people on this board, we have booked a one night stay before our cruise in March. They provide free airport shuttle service and some limited transportation to Port Everglades. I've included a link to Trip Advisor if you want to check out some reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d87327-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Suites_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport-Hollywood_Florida.html

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ramada Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port is nothing special but very near the airport and cruise port with free breakfast and free shuttle to the pier. If you arrive late in the evening into Lauderdale, it is an OK place to stay just to sleep....caters to cruise passengers...nothing luxurious, though.

Also the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale airport North sometimes has a hotel/cruise port package. A better place but not as close to the pier and the price is a bit more.

couldn't believe how outrageous ft. lauderdale hotels are so we are landing in ft.lauderdale lunchtime on the 29th feb for our 3/1 mediterannea cruise and since i love miami, have rented a car and staying at a hotel on the beach in sunny isle for less than any of the 2 star hotels near the port. we'll go enjoy dinner in southbeach and then the morning of the first drop the car off at airport and catch a cab to the ship . the one good thing about fort lauderdale airport is it is only about a 3 mminute cab ride to the port.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT stay in a Motel 6. We decided to save some cash on our way home after our last cruise and so we booked a room there (not sure which one, but it wasn't far from the airport)... and it was HORRIBLE! Seriously, the place gave me nightmares later. I slept on towels I spread over the sheets and pillows and I refused to cover up. It was scary.

Bobar,

What you are planning to do re Miami / Ft Lauderdale, we did last April. We drove up from Miami and dropped the rented car off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. When we checked the car in I asked the checking clerk what was the best was to the port, surprise surprise he directed me into another lane and said that a driver will drive us to the port (in our rented car). When asked the cost - he said nothing it was part of the service. The driver came asked us which ship, he knew the correct dock and embarcation time. So we didn't have to carry our luggage at all and when we arrived at the port the driver took care that it was loaded correctly in the baggage cages. The service was free but of course the checkin clerk and driver got a good tip.

The rental company was the No.1 H...z.

Why not try your luck.

Ron

• 1 month later...

I was looking for a pre cruise hotel for January myself, and was surprised at the rates....250-300 nite... We are flying in late Friday night and basically only need a safe clean place to sleep....sooo for the first time in my life I went onto

priceline....and bid 90.00 for a two and a half star minimum in the FLL Beach area. Got the Courtyard by Marriot Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Even with paying for a cab to the port, we still save a little money.

Oh Drat....just booked a Motel 6. 31st avenue in Pompano Beach.

My parents are already in FLL, staying at a condo for a month. I booked this Motel, to be cheap, $55.00 a night.. We are arriving at 9;00pm, crashing and then going straight to the ship altogether in one cab in the A.M.

Seemed like a good idea at the time!! They even leave the light on for ya apparently!!!

Is this the hotel you stayed at ? Hopefully not!!!!

Free airport and cruise port shuttle. Right next to a Mall and dining options. Free Breakfast, nice rooms. If you have Hilton honors points it's only a class 2 which is 20,000 points a night their lowest level.

Cheers!

Archived