High Chair for 7 1/2 month old on ship

karmagirl72

Hi :)

I've seen a lot of travel chairs- anyone have a specific one they'd like to recommend? Some people swear by the ones that attach to tables, others- the ones that attach to a chair- any input would be appreciated!

Anyone ever use the on the go booster seat from one step ahead?

Thanks!

Marnie:D

I've seen a lot of travel chairs- anyone have a specific one they'd like to recommend? Some people swear by the ones that attach to tables, others- the ones that attach to a chair- any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I have two one of each. As far as cruising the one that attaches to a chair is too bulky but it's perfect for home because I bout the one with a toy tray. I'm attaching links.

The one that attaches to the chair is this one but I recommend spending $10 more and getting the toy tray. Just couldn't find it online but I did get it at babies r us. You can also order the toy tray from Fisher Price direct. My neighbor did that once she saw mine.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265272

This hook on I found out about when I took my son on his first vacation. I met a couple with their son who couldn't rave about it enough.

http://www.target.com/Regalo-Diner-Portable-Hook-Chair/dp/B0000A1O7P/qid=1193966189/ref=br_1_12/601-1694050-6840153?ie=UTF8&node=1041930&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=1041930&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1

Thanks!

Just curious, where are you going to be using this booster? In the dining room? At the buffet? There are regular restaurant highchairs in both of those places. If you're worried about germs, take a highchair cover. Are you going to tote this thing with you on excursions? I just don't understand why you would need this on a cruise?

We have a hook on chair...it's nice at home, but I don't like it in restaurants. Some tables are too thick...some tables are pedestal and tip when it's attached. We have this one...I love it at home.

http://www.babyage.com/products/1834_inglesina_2005_inglesina_fast_table_chair.htm

We also have the Healthy Care Booster Seat listed above. I use it at my dining room table. It's good, but doesn't fold very compact.

I have a fold n go that attaches to a chair...something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Fold-Up-Booster-Seat/dp/B00005QXPE

We took it on every cruise that my children needed a highchair. I also used to carry it around in the back of my car and use it in restaurants so my kids could avoid sitting in those icky restaurant highchairs. ;)

I liked bringing my own because then I could guarantee that my kids could sit in a safe chair that had the proper restraint. And I didn't have to look for a chair every time we went to a buffet.

We have this one and we just love it! And we took it on our last cruise. And we will be leaving it behind for the upcoming one. We were pleasantly surprised by the available high chairs (at least on Carnival). The seemed clean and well mainted. The only issue we had was tracking down the tray for it. Most times, they would bring the highchair with no tray. I'd have to explain that she needs the tray to keep her in there...and they always managed to track one down.

Archived