Coach Costa Rica

franosu

I am trying to reserve with this company but they asked me to fax a copy of my Passport along with the front and back of my credit card. I am very anxious about doing that. Does anyone have any experience with them and does this sound strange. I offered to send them a check but they did not send their address - just asked for the credit card again.

:eek: You should NEVER send a copy of your passport or credit card info to anyone you don't know anything about! Please be very careful, or you will be a victim of identity theft. We have traveled all over the world, but NEVER has anyone requested a copy of our passport before, and our credit card info was sent to those folks that we had checked out. Have never heard of this company before. They may be legit, but, based on what they asked you for, I am wary.

I am currently working with Coach Costa Rica to book transfers from San Jose to Puerta Caldera and return as well as one pre cruise tour day and 2 post cruise tour days. At this point, they want 1/2 by check up front and the rest by cash at tour time.

Just an addition to my post yesterday. I received a message today from Coach Costa Rica telling me to send a check for 1/2 of the tour cost to a Florida address to guarantee my booking. Nothing was said about a passport copy or credit card copy. They also said you could cancel with full refund up to 48 hours before your tour.

I have felt pretty good about this company, although your experience does shake me up a bit.

I dealt with Patricia Reyes, International Sales Department, Coach Costa Rica.

Send an email to her attention at sales@coachcostarica.com. Maybe this will help!

I used Coach Costa Rica for transfers from my hotel to Puerto Caldera in January 2007, and then back at the end of the 7 great days on Wind Star. On the final day, they also provided me with great sightseeing, including a visit to La Paz, which I thoroughly enjoyed. My contact person was Fanny, who was very helpful at all points, including suggesting La Riviera Hotel, near the airport, where I stayed one night before the cruise, and one night at the end.

Fanny was on the phone with the staff at the hotel rather late in the evening on my arrival date, because my flight had been delayed and she wanted to be certain all was well with me.

I was never asked for passport or credit card information. I did send a check to a Florida address for part payment for their services, and had no objection to doing so, since they were committing their vehicle and driver to my transport and deserved some security for their commitment.

• 1 month later...

We have transfer and excursion reservations with Coach Costa Rica before and after our Jan 19 cruise. Fanny has been our wonderful contact person. Our problem was that the Miami address would not accept a check in Canadian dollars nor a US$ money order. (We certainly were NOT going to take the option of sending photocopies of passport and credit card -- who would do that?). In the end, we did a bank wire transfer but this option cost us $30 at our end and another $15 in Costa Rica. Hoping all the arrangements work out more simply . . .

• 4 weeks later...

We used Coach Costa Rica 2 years ago and could not have been more pleased with their service. We also used them for our driver and spent 3 additional days in country. Got to see everything we desired at a fairly reasonable rate.

My guess is that who your driver is might just be how much you enjoy yourself.

All payments and arrangements were made through their Miami P.O. Box and no, we did not fax copies of our passports.

Good luck and enjoy

Charlie

Archived