local Thrifty phone numbers

lowdown

We rented cars from Thrifty at all ports. I had planned to pick up coupon books like This Week, etc while at the airport but all of the Thrifty rental sites were offsite and not at the airport. In Hilo, they had set up a tent. The driver of the shuttle bus handed out maps but I didn't see any other discount books at the tent. Just wanted you to know.

• Administrators
We rented cars from Thrifty at all ports. I had planned to pick up coupon books like This Week, etc while at the airport but all of the Thrifty rental sites were offsite and not at the airport. In Hilo, they had set up a tent. The driver of the shuttle bus handed out maps but I didn't see any other discount books at the tent. Just wanted you to know.

That's a good point, although at Hilo when we rented with Thrifty we did pick up our rental right at the airport (literally across the "drop off lane" from the terminal) -- but the car return was one street before the main airport road in a tent area (more room to handle lots of returns quickly, I suspect). We picked up coupon books and such at the airport in HNL, and a few more here and there at 7-11's and such. Even so, the "Drive Guide" magazines the shuttle drivers hand out were the main source we used for such things -- they truly are great. For an online preview, you can check out -- http://www.driveguidemagazines.com/

Archived