Spirit v. Conquest classes

MamaParrotHead

Can someone explain to me the lay out differences between the two? I've been on Conquest and Triumph classes, which were similar IMO. But in looking at the deck plans of Spirit class, I'm totally confused, LOL. Likes/dislikes of Spirit class? How do Cmp Carnival facilities compare?

Thanks!

I've been on both classes.

On the Spirit Class, it's somewhat easier to navigate the ship because all the decks go through all the way. However, the nightlife was a little dead because all the bars, lounges, discos, etc., are somewhat spread out--they aren't grouped all together the way they are on the Conquest Class ships.

For that reason, I think I like the Conquest ships better, personally, although I also enjoyed my time on the Miracle. Actually, I'll take any class, as long as I am on a cruise! :D

I have been on the Pride and the Glory and I prefer the Spirit class. On the Spirit class all the cabins are on decks one and four through eight. The other decks are purely public spaces. So there is less of a need to go deck hopping. Also, you can walk from bow to stern on any of the decks (you don't end up with a mid deck restaurant blocking your way). The ships are a little smaller, and I like the size of the Spirit class better. The Spirit class also has a bigger space ratio than the Conquest class.

Conquest class being bigger has more lounges and food bars, for ie: Conquest has the Fish & Chips bar on deck 10, the Spirit class doesnt.

Conquest class has a Sushi bar on DECK 5, the Spirit class has a small sushi cart.

Spirit has 2 public decks that you can walk from bow to stern. The Conquest class has that goofy deck that runs right into the Dining room, you have to go through it or down under it and around.

Fred

I started with the Triumph.................LOVED IT!!!

Took a Miracle, somehow.....loved it EVEN MORE!!!

Took Parents/kids for a Miracle...........still love it!!

Booked for Glory with a huge group of friends........

........no way I could NOT love it!!

I like the Straight Lido and easy plan of the Spirit class

I'm going on the Glory, but it's for the people not the ship.

Offer me choice of one for free(with similar itineraries)....I'd book the Spirt class

If you are asking for a comparisson for future bookings (along with your Camp question)..........You might want to look at Spirit class because the front balcony is adjoining an interior(for the kids)........lower price than 2 balconies and/or a suite, double the space with two bathrooms and right around Camp. On the upper deck Camp is only 3 cabins down around a corner.....very cool to get the kids to camp. I tell and show photos in the beginning of my review from last week.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654147

We are fans of the Spirit class ships.

I always they have all the amenities of the larger ships (except fishnchips) with 700 less people.

I love the way the bars are separated. It gives the ship a more subdued feeling!!

I am also a Spirit class fan. Sailed the Legend (twice) and the Valor (once). I just prefer the lay out of the Spirit class. Much easier to navigate, slightly smaller, all the reasons posted here. However, like Paddleaddict, I would take ANY class of ship just be on a cruise! :p

Archived