Requesting an upgrade - when and how?

Brushtail

I have booked a balcony cabin on the Pacific Dawn sailing next Friday. (in case anyone doesn't know......:rolleyes: )

I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade to a mini-suite, if there is one vacant.

My question is, has anyone ever asked for an upgrade so close to their cruise and if so, when and where is the best time to do this?

Is it best to do it now, at check in or at the pursers desk when on board? If I do it now, I will probably have to pay top dollar and naturally I want to avoid that. ;)

I realise that there is probably no chance of this happening, but if you don't ask - the answer is always no. :)

Can anyone help?

Thanks heaps.

Jen

I have booked a balcony cabin on the Pacific Dawn sailing next Friday. (in case anyone doesn't know......:rolleyes: )

I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade to a mini-suite, if there is one vacant.

My question is, has anyone ever asked for an upgrade so close to their cruise and if so, when and where is the best time to do this?

Is it best to do it now, at check in or at the pursers desk when on board? If I do it now, I will probably have to pay top dollar and naturally I want to avoid that. ;)

I realise that there is probably no chance of this happening, but if you don't ask - the answer is always no. :)

Can anyone help?

Thanks heaps.

Jen

Jen, this is only speaking with P&O, as I have never asked for one!!

Apparently everyone is entitled to a "free" ungrade if there is availablity, hence all our cruise personalisers changing cabin numbers prior to sailing.

If the TA has ticked the box "no upgrade" you will stay with the category/cabin selected.

because it is only a week from sailing I would assume that all the juggling has been done, and I think that by memory the suites were waitlisted on your cruise?? so they would be upgraded first, those that are waitlisted are the ones who have put their name down for a "paid" upgrade.

but.....in saying that it doesnt hurt to ask when you board, as sometimes people dont turn up etc, ......so I am still trying to work out is it best to board early and get in early if there are any, or later assuming that it would be then that they know others are a no show???

Give P&O a call today and find out!! Let us know what they say, I get a different answer everytime I call haha

Chez

xx

I took your advice, Chez and phoned P&O.

The whole ship is full and there are no cabins available at all. So there you go, I won't be asking at check-in or at the pursers desk now. :p

Thanks for your reply. icon14.gif

Jen

I took your advice, Chez and phoned P&O.

The whole ship is full and there are no cabins available at all. So there you go, I won't be asking at check-in or at the pursers desk now. :p

Thanks for your reply. icon14.gif

Jen

mmm...just wondering now whether it will be worth asking on boarding on our cruise, or just stick with the rooten cabin:p least we have porthole:)

Chez

xx

I forgot to go down to the T Grades this morning to have a sticky.:rolleyes: I suggested it to Eve last night, since she wanted to have a look at what she was supposed to have.;)

We did sail with 100% cabin occupancy, except the one they were 'renovating' during the cruise.

Archived