Shhhh...Baby is Sleeping!!

karmagirl72

Luckily, my little angel goes to sleep around 7:30ish, and she most of the time sleeps through the night (crossing fingers and toes I didn't just jinx myself!!)

How on earth are we going to keep quiet to keep her sleeping, making us all happy?

We are planning on getting the in-room babysitter now and again (we booked the late seating), but we don't wanna wake her when we come in/out, go to the bathroom, etc...

any advice???

just trying to figure out how to work sleep/baby

thanks everyone!!

Marnie

LOL, I am going to wager a bet that she will be soooo tired from her vacation that she will be sleeping like a rock!

Besides that, I told the room steward he could come before 7:30, if he didnt want to chance waking the baby.

I said to him, If he still wanted to come while we were at dinner, that was fine with me and he should know that he would be asleep and that he (the room steward) should be as quiet as possible.

I also told him "he who wakes the baby, rocks the baby back to sleep!"

Needless to say, he was veeeewwwry veeewwwry quiet!

You also didn't say how old your child is, but at 9 months, 22 mos, and 23 mos we managed in hotel rooms and although we were quiet we weren't overly quiet and we never woke him. I remember one night when he was 9 months, this was the first time we let him sleep in our bed, he was so tired he slept through my changing him into his PJ's it was so cute.

At 23 months during my business conference I was in and out of the hotel room so many times during his nap time and I never woke him. I also kept calling my DH's cell and that didn't wake him.

At 22 months in Disney World my husband was in and out of the room at night because he was spending time with a friend who we had met there, they knew each other for over 25 years, and that never woke him.

At home my son wakes up a lot easier then on vacation.

At 9 months old my son went with us everywhere and we just carried him in his car seat/carrier. He just slept in it while we at. So we didn't worry about him sleeping in the room. We were out all day long and he took his 2 naps in his stroller. We just had to make sure that if he was not in the car seat/carrier but just in the stroller and napping that we had to stay where we were while he finished his nap.

At night when we were out I made sure he fell asleep in the car seat so that I can move him in and out of the car. I just would disturb him when I changed him to his PJ's.

This was his first vacation and he did just fine. At home I was never one to make sure the house was quiet when he slept. Well except for my brother-in-law who tends to talk extremely loud.

You might might be able to get away with what I got away with, however you might not want to. My son was funny because he was so curious about everything some nights he would really fight it. Not cranky in the least. He just was looking at everything and didn't want to miss anything.

BTW at 9 months old my son was probably where your would be at 7 months. He was always late on everything. At that point he was crawling he was tushy scootching (across the house pretty fast). He could sit up on his own, but he had to be helped up to the sitting position.

ITA on not flushing the toilet on the ship though. That scares me in the middle of the night.

As far as the Olympic I'll be lucky if I get a babysitter to have dinner in the dinning room without my son let alone go the Olympic.

Luckily, my little angel goes to sleep around 7:30ish, and she most of the time sleeps through the night (crossing fingers and toes I didn't just jinx myself!!)

How on earth are we going to keep quiet to keep her sleeping, making us all happy?

We are planning on getting the in-room babysitter now and again (we booked the late seating), but we don't wanna wake her when we come in/out, go to the bathroom, etc...

any advice???

just trying to figure out how to work sleep/baby

thanks everyone!!

Marnie

My kids are both light sleepers. The best thing we took with us was a travel fan. I got it on Amazon. I can find the link if you like. It provided just enough white noise so that my dh could come and go in the night (so we both weren't trapped in the cabin with sleeping kids). We took an extension cord so the fan could be near the crib. My dh also took a small (smaller than a Maglight) flashlight. When he came in late at night, he'd use that to get to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom, he'd get ready for bed.

The other reason I really liked the fan was air circulation. The cabin became a little stuffy when the fan was off. I was so glad we had it.

I second the idea of a travel fan or sound machine. I would suggest getting your DD used to it at home before bringing it on the cruise with you. I have a small sound machine I use for my DD which plays ocean noises, and it really helps block out any background noises.

Have a great cruise.

I second the idea of a travel fan or sound machine. I would suggest getting your DD used to it at home before bringing it on the cruise with you. I have a small sound machine I use for my DD which plays ocean noises, and it really helps block out any background noises.

Have a great cruise.

At home my kids use these. My oldest has a sound machine my youngest uses a fan. But we don't need them on the cruise.

The slight rocking of the ship knocks my kids out so soundly that I could jumping up and down on their bed and they would stay sleeping. ;)

And it's good that you got a balcony so you can spend some adult alone time outside.

I second the idea of having some adult time on the balcony...but how do you keep the lines of the balcony chairs from getting embedded in your arse??!!

:eek:

Archived