Bahamas immigration cards?

FMCowboy

We rec'd 4 of these cards with my docs that came last week. We cruise in 2 weeks. There are 5 of us going but we only got 4 cards. Do we need to fill out before the cruise? Do they give us more when we get to the ship, since we are short one?

Also, it has a a section for Passport #, but we do not need passports yet.

We want everything to go smoothly and have never filled this out before and plan to go ashore in Nassau. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

We rec'd 4 of these cards with my docs that came last week. We cruise in 2 weeks. There are 5 of us going but we only got 4 cards. Do we need to fill out before the cruise? Do they give us more when we get to the ship, since we are short one?

Also, it has a a section for Passport #, but we do not need passports yet.

We want everything to go smoothly and have never filled this out before and plan to go ashore in Nassau. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

If you need any extra cards, they will have them in the terminal. Go to the desk where these cards are available before getting in line to check in. Obviously, you save time if you have the cards in hand. Don't fuss over the details too much. As I understand it, the Bahamas uses these mostly to collect tourist info. It's a pain.

Don't worry too much about this.....they aren't very strict about it anyway.

For our next cruise we got the cards in the mail and there was one short. I went on to the Bahamas website and they say that an "original" document is not mandatory, so I made a copy of the landing card on my copier and we'll use that. Or as someone said, they have them when you check in at the pier and you can fill it out right there. ;)

We usually do our check-in online through the RC website... again, something else that I highly recommend... makes your check-in at the terminal quite smooth since you fill in the information on the website, receive a SetSail Pass that you print on your computer... when you arrive at the terminal, they take that and your credit card and boom...you're off to pina colada land... otherwise, it takes them a few extra moments to input the info at the counter...

as a result we don't get the immigration cards in the mail, we just get them at the terminal as we are checking in... no biggie... you can fill them out there and don't need a passport number on them...

If you need any extra cards, they will have them in the terminal. Go to the desk where these cards are available before getting in line to check in. Obviously, you save time if you have the cards in hand. Don't fuss over the details too much. As I understand it, the Bahamas uses these mostly to collect tourist info. It's a pain.

Actually the Bahamas uses them for the same purposes Canada and the U.S. use them. Tourism info is only a part of the reason.

For the OP, as others have mentioned, they have them at the terminal and they are easy to fill out.

For our last cruise they didn't even send them to us. They handed them out in port. They asked us only to fill out questions x and y (don't know the exact number). Resulting in just putting the name down and signing it. I would just bring them and wait for the instructions you get in port.

Or as someone said, they have them when you check in at the pier and you can fill it out right there. ;)

Probably 99% of the time it's no problem to fill them out when you get there, but I won't do that again after last time. When we arrived at the terminal there were many hundreds of people in huge check-in lines that filled the whole area. They were just starting to set up secondary lines in another holding room. The reason for it was that the ship had a water problem and no one had been allowed to board. The lines were growing at about one person per second. Instead of being able to get in line when we arrived, we were told to go to the Bahamas desk "way over there" to fill out the forms we didn't have because we did online docs. While we were held up at said desk (with dozens of other pax tending to the same task), the lines grew considerably. It wasn't a fun embarkation.:(

If you are flying into orlando airport and useing the cruise lines transportation they have a desk down stairs (where you wait for the bus) they have extra plus a sample one you can just copy off of. at least they did when we sailed in May this year.

Archived