CB recent Eastern Carib Patters?

TwinCruiserMom

Would love to see the patters from a recent Eastern itinerary on the Caribbean Princess. On Bill's site, http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/ the latest Easterns are from July. Would love to know what activities and movies there have been on the recent cruises.

If no one has recent eastern patters, can someone tell me the order of dress attire for dinner by day? Are Monday and Friday still formal nights? Is Thursday still the tropical/smart casual night?

I am making up clothing lists right now by the day. That may sound weird, but there are 5 in my family and I am trying not to take bunches of extra clothing this time. I am going to make a schedule of what everyone needs to wear each night and then I can just pack the daytime clothing and I will be finished.

Thanks!!

I knew there was a reason why I didn't toss the Patters when I cleaned out the computer desk drawer last week :D .

I'm not able to scan or post them but will surely answer any questions you have about activities, etc. Just ask...

Bon Voyage!

Chris

TwinCruiser Mom, we were just on the CB last week and formal night was indeed Monday and Friday and yes, Thursday was the caribbean night with the party on the pool deck at night. If you have any other questions just ask.

Sunday, Monday and Friday were the seafood buffet extravaganza's in the Cafe Caribe. Wednesday was German and Thursday was Mexican buffet was in the Cafe Caribe which were both delicious.

I am assuming by your name you have twins. I do too. They are turning 21 this month and we are taking them on Freedom of the Seas next August. Should be a blast.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll check the thread periodically.

Thank you all for the replies!!!

I am glad to know the exact schedule on the dinners. It makes it so much easier to plan all the outfits needed ahead of time.

What movies were they playing when you cruised? Did they play football on MUTS or elsewhere? (for DH, not me :rolleyes: )

When was the past cruiser cocktail party? Also, what night did the captain speak in the atrium? I wonder if we will have Captain Romano in December. He was the captain on our July cruise and we thought he was very warm and friendly.

What time was the meeting time for immigration for St. Thomas?

I think that Bill from the Caribbean Princess site will accept mailed copies of the patters. Then he will scan and post them on his site for everyone to enjoy. It is so much fun to peruse his site and read the menus and patters before the big cruise :)

MA cruisers: Thanks for the run down on the Cafe Caribe menus! We plan on eating some early appetizers there and then dressing for our late traditional seating.

I do have twin sons who are 13. I feel so blessed to have twins - their relationship is so amazing.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful information and kindness.

Football was played on MUTS on Monday night. Also the World Series was broadcast in Churchills and in Fusion (with no sound).

Movies: Ratatouille, Little Miss Sunshine, License to Wed (nighttime), during the day there were older movies playing

Captain Welcome Party: Monday

We did have Captain Romano but didn't go the the welcome party. We were passing on the first formal night and didn't feel comfortable going casual. He was very quiet during our cruise -- hardly made any announcements and we never ever saw him on the ship.

Thank so much for the info! DH will be glad to see some sports - the kids and I will find something else to do :rolleyes:

Do you really get free cocktails at the Captain's party? We were late to the party last time and only caught the end of his speech.

Yes, you do get free cocktails! They had a tray with drinks already mixed on it, I can't remember what all they had. I think I had some sort of a champagne cocktail. The others in my group had other drinks.

Yes, you do get free cocktails! They had a tray with drinks already mixed on it, I can't remember what all they had. I think I had some sort of a champagne cocktail. The others in my group had other drinks.

Yipee - something free! Can you actually order from a set list or do you have to take what they are circulating the room with? Do they have nonalcholic drinks available too?

It looks like the party ran from 7:15 - 8:15 in July when we were on the CB. Are those times still correct? Now I know how we missed it - we had dinner reservations at 6pm each night.

Thanks so much!

Yipee - something free! Can you actually order from a set list or do you have to take what they are circulating the room with? Do they have nonalcholic drinks available too?

It looks like the party ran from 7:15 - 8:15 in July when we were on the CB. Are those times still correct? Now I know how we missed it - we had dinner reservations at 6pm each night.

Thanks so much!

I don't know if you could get something else or not. We are cheap dates and took what was on the tray. They did come by and offer us another so if memory serves me well we each had 2 drinks.

I think they have 2 parties for both the captains party and the repeaters party. We had the same drinks I believe at both. At the repeaters party they brought around little finger foods as well. There were two times as well, one for early seating and one for late seating. The repeaters party was in Club Fusion.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

DH was happy to hear we will be getting a couple free drinks this cruise. We should have paid more attention during our last cruise.

Do they send a notice to your cabin for the Captain's Circle party or is it listed in the patters?

Can we bring our teens to these parties? They would, of course, be drinking non-alcoholic beverages. They must serve some beverages that do not contain alcohol.

We are really starting to get excited now that there is less than 4 weeks to go!

Yes, you will recieve and invitation in your room to the party. I would guess they would serve non alcoholic drinks as not everyone drinks alcohol. I'm not sure if there were children and teenagers there or not. I just didn't notice. I'm sorry, I'm not much help with these questions.

I understand your excitement. The closer the cruise is the more excited we all get. That last week is really rough! :)

Archived