Ecstacy in Dry Doc

robtx100

Ginag, that's what I was thinking. 20 days is not alot of time to do any renovating. Minus the day it will take to get into dry dock, then a day to get to Galveston, will only be 18 days. From one of the posts I've read, hopefully they will get new towels and linens, but he sounded grumpy in his review of the ship. We'll still have a good time regardless. Thanks for the input everyone.

We were on MS Ecstasy in mid-August.

My guess is that if they're putting her in dry-dock, they probably need to do some mechanical/maintenance work below the water-line.

At the same time, they'll probably do some interior work.

Not that she needs that much work, but she does show some wear. The carpets are probably at that point where they still have lots of wear left but they look a little dingy. (Don't believe me? Compare under the desks in the far corner with the middle of the room.) The furniture and wall panels in the cabins are all scratched up. In short, they're at the point where they'll have to be replaced.

I'm sure they've Gantt charted it down to the hour and already lined up sub-contractors to do 1000+ cabins in 18 days.

My family and I will be aboard the Ecstasy in December. I can't wait to see what they've done during dry dock. Hopefully those of you who will cruise right after the renovation will post photos.

One of my co-workers sailed aboard the Ecstasy last June from Long Beach and they said they had a great time. I got to see some of his pictures from the cruise. The ship is colorful, to say the least. I can't wait to see what they've done with her.

Tjohn, my hubby and I, as well as three other couples and a single lady will be cruising together on the Nov 15 Ecstacy trip. We are celebrating a 50th and 60th birthday, and at least two anniversaries. Gonna be a BLAST!!!

We are going with another couple, also. Planning on going down the 14th and staying overnight. We will be celebrating an anniversary and a 50th birthday. We should make plans to meet up someplace. :D I have a thread posted on the Roll Call, but no one is signing up.

Archived