Ocean Adventure on RCI kids dinner nights

Hope2havefun

Hi

Just wondered those of you who have cruised RCI and your children have gone on the kids dinner nights with OA?

What time do they normally do this, where and how easy is it to get a place for your children. Not that I am planning already to get rid of the kids for dinner.......!!!!:D

I was on the Mariner in Sept. My DD(8) went to Johnny Rockets 2 times with the AO. She had to be signed up by 12:00pm that day. The dinner was at 6:00. My 2 boys 12 and 14 went with their AO group to dinner at The Windjammer. That was scheduled at 8:00 and no sign ups were required.

My 12yo and 8yo both had to be signed up to do the dinner on the Majesty, and we must have missed that note, because we didn't know about the Adventure Ocean kids' dinner until it was too late to sign them up. You just have to sign them up then drop them off with their leaders at the designated place/time.

There seem to be 3 nights on a 7 day cruise where they offer the kid dinners: on our Western in Sept, it was days 2, 5 (both formal nights) and 6. We took DS (5) to all three of them. They started at 6pm and they seemed to have JR's or at least their section of it closed off. He loves Johnny Rocket's at home, so it was an easy sell. We signed him up early on the morning of each one, so even if we were going ashore, we'd pop over to the club to sign up. Then we were asked to drop off promptly at 6pm, and they took them to the club afterwards for the evening. I was surprised to see they don't even charge the standard cover for the kids on those nights. Kept looking for it on the SeaPass but it never showed up. He loved it and we'd do it again.

Archived