Bicycle rental

mustafabalcony

Can anyone tell us if it is possible to rent bikes for the day at or near the cruise terminal and also give us some idea of the cost, please ?

We are coming on a transatlantic trip in December and Barbados is our first stop after 5 or 6 days at sea. After all the cruise food, it would be nice to take a bike ride and not have to worry about getting a taxi or other transport back to the port in time to catch our boat.

Thanks for any help

Hazel and Richard

I haven´t had any replies to me question about renting bicycles. Please can anyone advise me if it is possible ? We have managed this in most places we have been, so are starting to wonder if Barbados only attracts people who need taking everywhere by public or private transport ?

What are legs for these days ? - use them or lose them !

My apologies for your wait. I have little, or no knowledge of bicycling on the island, but I have obtained some information for you.

First, I must tell you that biking on our West Coast, near Bridgetown, is a death wish.

There are no bike lanes, the roads are narrow and the drivers are…animated, at best.

They tell me that bikes can be rented at the cruise ship terminal, but I wouldn’t advise starting from there unless you head south.

I understand that mountain bike tours and mountain bike rentals are available from Bicycle Tours & Rentals in St. Peter (Speightstown, NW island). Contact them at 246-419-2453.

I would think that a mountain bike tour of our North central or East Coast would be wonderful. Little traffic and beautiful views.

If I hear of any more outfits that would cater to your wishes I’ll post back.

Best wishes for a wonderful visit. :)

Archived