Royal Caribbean just called me

breal6

but in reality i wouldn't mind the offer being made to the voyager people.:D 50 percent off a future cruise and 500 ship board credit on this one sounds pretty good

poof ~ your wish has come true.......

Mariner of the Seas is currently expected to arrive at Port Canaveral late Monday evening, September 6, or early Tuesday morning, September 7. The ship, normally scheduled to depart Port Canaveral Sunday, on a seven-night sailing, will delay its departure until Tuesday at 5 p.m. local time. The ship will sail a modified itinerary that will end on September 12. Guests who sail on this cruise will receive an onboard credit of $500 per stateroom and a certificate for a 50 percent discount on a future Royal Caribbean sailing of seven nights or less, which departs on or before December 15, 2005, excluding holidays.

Hope you are well and safe.....

Several thoughts.

1. Yes it is hurricane season, but please realize that storms can't read a calendar. They can and do happen during almost every month of the year.

2. Frances is NOT a normal hurricane

*The good news is that it isn't a cat 4 or 5 storm like they thought it would be

*The bad news is that it is going so slowly that it is hard to predict where it is going to be at any future time

*The worst news is that because the hurricane and tropical force winds are going to be here for so long, there will be more damage than if it had just zipped through town.

3. Blaming doesn't help.

*Blame doesn't belong with the cruise lines. They are doing the best they can. NOBODY knows what this storm is going to do.

*Blame doesn't belong with the passengers. Many people can only travel during the summer. Hurricane season is HALF of the year. It starts in June 1 and ends November 30. PLUS (as I have said before) hurricanes and tropical storms can and do happen during other months.

Airports are closed

Roads are closed

Ports are closed.

breal6, hope everything is ok with you. How are things in your area?

Our thoughts & prayers are with you & everyone else in Florida.

Stop over to our thread on the meet & mingle board when you get a chance. Haven't heard from you in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you to all who understood that i was not complaining about rccl or the way they were handling things. i appreciated all that was done for me and the compensation for the deviation was more than fair. we had a great time on our cruise even if it was shortened a bit. the ship is beautiful and it was more than half empty so there were never lines or chair problems around the pool and getting an elevator was a breeze. i would rebook the mariner in a heart beat.

although a bit of damage was done to the house, the family is safe and the repairs are being made(new fence is already up). hope the rest of the people are recovering from whichever storm hit their area. and please, no more. let the rest of them this season go out to sea.:)

now the countdown to the jewel, lol 7_15_4.gif

Archived