When does Carnival usually...

smashley

give guarantee cabin assignments? I signed up for online documents so I was wondering if there's a usual time where they might put them on there to view. I realize there's a chance we might get our room # on the day we board but this isn't the norm right?

Since you sail two months from today (woo hoo, but this also means my b-day is in 2 months:( ), I'm assuming you've made final payment. You should be able to view your docs, and if a room has been assigned, it will show on the docs. I know when I did a gty, my room was assigned immediately (booked 7 weeks out so I had to pay in full). My sister did gty for our cruise 2 weeks ago, and she found out her room assignment about 6 weeks out. Of course, that was the first time she checked, so it may have been out there sooner.

Gee -- our cruise is in 26 days, we books an inside gty and still don't have a room assignment. Will we get one? Or will we need to wait until we check in????

I have heard that it's entirely possible to get your assignment AT the port. Hope that's not the case for me, I'm too anxious!

My cruise is in February. I booked through Carnival and was already assigned a room number. I haven't even paid in full yet. What's up with that?

Hmm... that's interesting. Did you book a guaranty? Where are you seeing your room #?

Ashley: My Carnival person and I discussed different options on different decks and she was very gracious to put us where I wanted. She came highly recommended from another cruiser's review. We are going on the Conquest and I did not want to be over or under loud noise, so she booked us in a room that has nothing but cabins below and above, which in the case of the Conquest is deck 7 and our room number is 7348. I don't know if it is a guaranty or not.

Ashley: My Carnival person and I discussed different options on different decks and she was very gracious to put us where I wanted. She came highly recommended from another cruiser's review. We are going on the Conquest and I did not want to be over or under loud noise, so she booked us in a room that has nothing but cabins below and above, which in the case of the Conquest is deck 7 and our room number is 7348. I don't know if it is a guaranty or not.

Nope, that's not guarantee. Guarantee is when you book the cabin just at the level (8A-Balcony, Cat 11, etc...) and then they assign you a cabin closer to sailing. You don't get to pick.

I'm too chicken to book guarantee. I like being able to pick my own cabin and not having to worry about getting a less than desirable location.

Also, I just looked at my "confirmation" papers from Carnival and our room assignment is in the top left hand corner of my documents. I got this document when I gave them my deposit. I then received in the mail, a bill for the remainder payment portion of the cruise and it too lists the cabin number in the upper left hand side of the document.

Archived