Gluten Free Restaurants Review of POH

cruznut1111

:( Sorry for the delay, I kept trying to make an attachment. Finally gave up and just did a 'cut and paste.'

I put my restaurant reviews in Cruise Foodies and didn't want to duplicate it here, but wanted those looking for gluten reviews to be able to find it.

General restaurant reviews are in there too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=653625

Thanks for the post cruznut1111. My wife, daughter and son all have celiac. We found the NCL crew to be fabulous with our needs. They even allowed us to take our own gluten free beer (redbridge) on our last Pear cruise. They talked with us after every meal and pointed out the next nights menu and what they could have. They made gluten free pasta in the Italian restaraunt. Once when we were on the Sun in Alaska they made my wife a plate of GF cookies. They were wonderful and my wife took them to our room for several late night snacks.

For all those celiacs who read this. Call or email the ship and tell them you're coming. They will take good care of you.

Happy cruising......

engineer

I would also like to thank you for the post. As a mother of a 4 year old with Celiac, I dread eating in public with her. I am so used to travelling everywhere with a bag full of food. I am happy to hear that NCL seems very thorough and educated about this serious, but somewhat overlooked disease. :)

You're welcome. Celiac and Gluten intolerance are becoming much more visible. Folks used to say "a little gas" or "indigestion" or "cramps" and never put it together with what they were eating.

My mom was 78 before I convinced her that all her problems could go away if she just dropped the bread and cookies.

Re the post directional - I felt bad that the frowning face I had put on about my delayed posting, ended up showing as a header for the post. NCL really did well.... but I didn't get any cookies:rolleyes: .

• Administrators
You're welcome. Celiac and Gluten intolerance are becoming much more visible. Folks used to say "a little gas" or "indigestion" or "cramps" and never put it together with what they were eating.

My mom was 78 before I convinced her that all her problems could go away if she just dropped the bread and cookies.

Re the post directional - I felt bad that the frowning face I had put on about my delayed posting, ended up showing as a header for the post. NCL really did well.... but I didn't get any cookies:rolleyes: .

Glad to see this clarification, as I read the link in your original post and was glad to find it in accord with what I already believed to be true about NCL -- not just for gluten-free, but for any type of "special needs," they are overall very informed and accommodating. So the purple frownie kind of confused me -- but it makes sense that it was because of the post delay, not the content. Thanks for taking the time to post valuable information for fellow cruisers. :)

Archived