Pacific Sun - Cabin help needed!

PrincessFiona

Hi all. We are booked on the Queensland coast cruise on 17th May.

My question is we are booked in a cabin on the upper deck outside but right at the back, hopefully with a double/queen bed, but when I look on the deck plans it says '3rd or 4th Berth available' - does this mean there are bunks in the room?

Also, has anyone stayed right at the back before? Does it 'rock' more than say the front or middle?

Thanks for helping the newbie! :)

My question is we are booked in a cabin on the upper deck outside but right at the back, hopefully with a double/queen bed, but when I look on the deck plans it says '3rd or 4th Berth available' - does this mean there are bunks in the room?

Also, has anyone stayed right at the back before? Does it 'rock' more than say the front or middle?

Hi ,we stayed on Upper right near front and had no problems.

Deb:)

Hi PrincessFiona, welcome to CC:)

We were on the Sun March 2006 and were on Upper deck in U178 (back of ship) No problems, but in saying that we dont get seasick, IMO if you are going to get seasick you will anywhere on the ship, if the seas are rough, you will feel it everywhere! we have been front and back on different ships and I dont notice the difference.

The berths in a four berth can be folded into the wall and the two lower pushed together to make a queen, your right when you say three or four berth "available" if need be they will fold them out, but if you have requested a queen, thats how they should be.

Chez

xx

On the Sky we always stayed in cabin B266, which was the equivalent to Upper deck on the Sun (i'm assuming). B266 was 8 cabins from the end of the ship. We never had any issues with sea sickness. The only time i've ever felt a bit queasy was on our last cruise one day in the show lounge. Up and down, up and down LOL. Had to skip bingo that day ;)

The only time I have got a bit queasy was on the Sky, we were on the lowest deck, was that Dolphin on the Sky?? cant remember:rolleyes: in the middle of the ship, it was really rough, and both Andy and I felt headachey and a bit hot when we were in the cabin, and a bit lethargic, so spent time in the fresh air, that cured us!! but it only lasted for half a day:)

Chez

xx

I've stayed in the very back cabin on my last 2 cruises. While it got a bit rough at times, I don't think it was that bad. To be honest, when I look back at the cruises I don't even recall it being an issue. When the boat rolls from side to side it doesn't matter where you are, you'll still feel it. When it rocks back and forward, physics will ensure that you feel it more near the ends of the ship but it won't be unpleasant.

I've travelled both times with my 7 year old son and neither of us have shown any signs of sea sickness. I had a few sleepless nights (I can't sleep in cars, planes or trains either) but my son always sleeps like a log - no matter how much I felt we were rocking.

Don't worry about it - you'll have a great time and you won't even remeber that sort of stuff after you get home...

Rear deck 6 is great,easy access to buffet,rear pool deck and resturaut,bunks fold away and do not take up any space,you get an extra wardrobe which is very handy,I was near the rear upper deck and thought the ship moved more in the middle than the back,bit noisy when they put the stabilizers out,more vibration than noise really.If I booked the Sun again I would prefer to stay at the rear of upperdeck 6 cos I think it has the easiest access to all other parts of the ship especially with the handy flight of stairs just after the lifts that takes you to where its all happening.

Den

Archived