St. Lucia, Antigua or Barbados family of 4.

ACruisingWeWillgo

In Barbados, my husband and I are planning on taking the public bus to a beach on the west side of the island--Folkestone or Mullins beach. The bus system is supposed to be good and frequent, also cheap (I think it is $.75 US per trip per person).

Of the 3, the snorkeling is best in St. Lucia. Island Divers offers a reasonably priced snorkeling package to Anse Cochon, one of the island's premier snorkeling sites, complete with lunch at Ti Kaye Village resort's restaurant on the beach, and use of Ti Kaye's lounge chairs and beach amenities.

We've snorkeled at Folkstone in Barbados. Good shore access snorkeling, easy to take a taxi there on your own. There are also some reasonably priced independent snorkeling operators on Barbados.

Our all-time favorite excursion is Eli's Eco Tour, closely followed by his Xtreme Circumnav, in Antigua. Both offer very good snorkeling opportunities, along with several other activities. Eli's tours are a little more pricey, but worth every dime. Check out www.adventureantigua.com.

Archived