Best cruiseline/ship for teens

princessdivaapril

What line is best for teens age 13. We are planning on doing a 6 or 7 night during the Summer or next Thanksgiving week. We will take my DD and herBFF. They are mature and responsible for their age and love to dance. Are they too young for the teen disco? Could we bump them up to the 14 and up group? WHat line offers the most for young teens. I hear Carnival is great for kids. We want to be able to drive to the port so need to stick to NOL, Tampa, Port Caniveral. I know Norw. has a new 7 day out of NOL but I dont know if their teen program is any good--anyone have a good suggestion? Other that meals and excursions these 2 girls will want to go it on their own. Any input would be great because my DH and I will be taking a cruise in Dec and we may book while on board because I hear you get a better deal this way. Thanks

After having taken two cruises with teens I think the more important thing is the timing as they probably all have teen programs - if you go during the school year but not during break time there will be less kids, if you take a cruise that is longer than a week there will be less kids. So even if they have a teen program it might be boring if there aren't a lot of kids on the ship. Carnivals O2 club is fun but its not open all the time and no they are pretty strict about not letting kids bump up or down even if their birthday is a week away

My 14 year old son LOVES Carnival!!! I agree with the above poster, your teens will have more fun when there are more kids their age on the ship, they can get bored easily on port days, but love hanging with new friends by the pool or in the arcade.

I would recommend a Conquest class ship, Conquest, Glory, Freedom.

Have a great time!

Both of my boys have always loved every "age stage" of Camp Carnival ... however, for some more mature kids....there have been complaints (really to strong a word...perhaps disappointment would be better) about the 12 -14 being "lame" on some ships.

It really depends on the group of kids they get sailing with them and the activities director they get. As with anything, some folks are just better at their jobs than others.

All that being said, the age group they will be in is the 12-14. The next age group is 15-17 and they are pretty strick on the age restriction here.

Each age group leader gets a list of the kids and their ages for that cruise, so they know who belongs where.

I have heard "rumor" (this is just rumor, rumor, rumor) that they are working to improve the 12-14 age group because it is a hard age. To old for Camp Carnival but still to young for Club 02.

I haven't sailed NCL so I can't comment on them. I would give Carnival a try and see how they like it. I am betting they will!!

Archived