Do you use it?

IflyWithDi

We use it all the time. It's the most quiet deck on the ship. Very relaxing. Great for reading. Everyone there has always been very respectful and friendly. You also get great bar service. You don't have to be topless to use it. That is an option that's up to you. Yes, you do get the occasional "oops I didn't realize this was here guys", but who cares. My wife just laughs at them trying to be nonchalant about it. It's hysterical to watch! We say go for it.

I use it. I love it. I really don't care about someone staring.. as I have said before I am 40 and if someone wants to stare, well not in horror, I am fine with that. No one has ever hasseled me at all although I usually go up there with my hubby.

We don't cruise until January, but I plan on using it to get to read in peace and quiet. I don't plan on going topless partially because I am too modest and partially because I had twins (believe me, it isn't a pretty site!). I am a homeschooling mom and I am looking forward to being away from my kids and I really want some time where I don't have to deal with other people's children. I like kids, but I really need some time away from them!!!

• 1 month later...

I use it exclusively while I'm sunning on board. It's a great place for peace and quiet or getting a group of buddies together over a few drinks without the children around. I also really can't stand tan lines, so it's the next best thing to nude! :)

Dh and I love it. It is quiet up there. I have sunned with & without the swim suit top up there. Depends on who we're cruising with. Let them gawk - I don't look too bad for almost 50. (And that's my opinion - hubby's is even better) I used to be very modest, but add a frozen thingy, a cruise ship and the salty air - voila! A fun me. I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

DH and I have been up on this deck because nothing else was available. One time it was very crowded. I held a spot for us while DH went to go get us chairs. 4000 minutes later DH came back and his eyes were bugging! :eek: Of course, many were topless and he was a happy camper. It was fun to watch all the young and older men come up to "gracefully" look around to see (.)(.).....

DH and I used it a couple of times on our last cruise until the following happened - we were laying in the lounge chairs reading, and he decided to flip over from back to stomach. As he turned over and laid down on his stomach and started to put the book in front of his face, he had a clear shot of the "gentleman" straight behind us who was not only topless, but bottomless also, and had his legs spread apart a good bit.:eek:

Needless to say, he was apprehensive about going there again.

DH and I have been up on this deck because nothing else was available. One time it was very crowded. I held a spot for us while DH went to go get us chairs. 4000 minutes later DH came back and his eyes were bugging! :eek: Of course, many were topless and he was a happy camper. It was fun to watch all the young and older men come up to "gracefully" look around to see (.)(.).....

LOL....my dad might've been one of the gentlemen during Dec 2002 on the Victory...

As far as whether I would do it....We've not used the deck yet in four times of being on a ship...

Dh and I love it. It is quiet up there. I have sunned with & without the swim suit top up there. Depends on who we're cruising with. Let them gawk - I don't look too bad for almost 50. (And that's my opinion - hubby's is even better) I used to be very modest, but add a frozen thingy, a cruise ship and the salty air - voila! A fun me. I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

...i just hope that the "frozen thingy" is a foo-foo drink & not something associated with your beloved hubby:D

The topless deck is the reason we prefer Carnival and why we are on the Miracle for Thanksgiving. What is the deal with many Americans and (.)(.)? They're fun to look at and come in so many sizes and shapes to never be boring. The sun and wind on skin is very stimulating and pays off when you return to your room.;)

My DH and I used it on the Pride last year and were disappointed to find out that they did not offer it on RCCL....it is in fact the quietest deck and we use it just for that. If we really do want to catch some rays then that is the place we'll be....

vermonter16

I

I have gone up in the very late evening only when I knew no one was there and did a quick "freedom flip" :) , just to see how it would feel to have the wind on your skin. This was done to free my mind on my first cruise after going through breast cancer. It was wonderful to let go of my fears about how I looked. However, this ole babe is usually right in the middle of the noise, music, and action all of the time. :D

Archived