Do you use it?

IflyWithDi

If I had a body that wouldn't scare everyone a way I'd be up there in a heart beat....especially for peace and quiet!!! :)

Kitty- go on up there with the adults and serenity.... No one cares what anyone looks like- it's a non issue; promise! Take it off and have some fun :)

I discovered the "topless" deck about 15 years ago, and now look forward to laying out there each & every time I cruise, and this is one of the reasons I keep cruising on Carnival. After 19 cruises, I find the "topless" deck to be the most relaxing place on the ship to lay out to catch some rays. I ALWAYS seem to be able to find a chair up there (even when there are none to be found on the Lido deck). For the most part, it is usually VERY quiet up there (very relaxing). And most importantly . . . . there are NO KIDS!!!!! It's great to be able to get up, look over the rail and watch the activities going on on the Lido deck one deck below, still be able to hear the music, but not have it BLASTING so as not to be able to carry on a conversation. And the drink service is "lightning" fast!! In fact I find that while on that deck, there is a waiter coming around asking for drink orders about every 5 minutes:-)(usually wearing the "mirrored" sunglasses:-(

One time while on the Triumph,I was relaxing on the topless deck with 3 or 4 other women about 2:00 in the afternoon, when a single guy came up, looked around, and apparently thought if the women could be topless, then it was ok for him to be "bottomless"!! He proceeded to remove his speedo, and layed down. Not more than 5 minutes later, another guy came up, saw the first guy "showing his goods", and decided that this must be ok to do, so proceeded to do the same. This actually became quite commical as the day progressed, and by 4:00 the entire toplless deck had turned into a NUDE BEACH!!

Everyone seemed to be respectful of each other, and there were no problems. at first it felt a little strange sitting around "naked" talking to strangers, but that darn waiter kept coming oaround asking for drink orders, and as you know . . . after a few "Fun-ship specials" you feel VERY relaxed, and suddenly you don't really care who's looking at you;-)

Unfortunately, the "Slide Police" showed up late in the day & informed everyone that this was a "topless" deck, not a "nude" deck. No one seemed to be bothered. It was almost time to go back to start getting ready for dinner any way, so everyone went their separate ways.

Now THIS was a "Fun Day at Sea"!!!!

you guys knew i had to chime in on this one... on the 2, 3-day cruises i took last year (june and dec) we (girlfriends and i) we up there both friday and saturday afternoons...

everything you have heard other people say is true... we met the best people up there (have even stayed in contact with several of the couples) and had a great time... bar service is good, you just have to make sure they know you are up there... there were at least 20 and sometimes up to 50 people or more when we were there but still plenty of room... weather was nice both trips so i'm sure that helped... the people up there were mostly couples or groups of women... no men by themselves except for the few who "wondered" up there but they soon left...

as far as the wind goes that part was ok because it was warm both trips... we had several buckets of beer we were drinking with other couples and we just put our mixed drinks down in there to keep them out of the wind... it also keep them cold... also, bring a beach bag for your clothes and stuff a bottle of your favorite adult beverage in there to do shots with your new friends... :cool:

when i get my new pictures posted from the december cruise i have a few that we actually took while up there of us and some of our new friends... and no, there are no (.)(.) shots... sorry... :( i'll get em up asap...

[off topic- hey salty dawg... missed you]

enjoy,

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

hey pholter-

i just had time to take a quick look at your review... i was looking into one of the rear of the boat cabins for my next cruise this december... i've had the ones on the side and have seen reviews on those as well as the corner cabins but i've yet to read anything on the rear cabins... i was hoping there was a little extra room on the balcony as compaired to the side ones and from your review it sounds like there is... the corner was another $500.00 or $600.00 total for two of us... anyway, you helped me make up my mind to go for the rear so thanks... :cool:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We love the topless deck! This is one of our reasons for choosing Carnival. This deck is always quiet, never crowded and as many have stated before me the bar service is great! And for some reason the dh never complains about having to go with me;) no matter how far the walk? I never worry if people are looking, chances are I'm not going to see them in line at the grocery store at home!

Topless Deck!!!:eek:

I hear people use this as a platform to shoot Jimmy Caps at the kids on the slide, as they go flying by from the Baby Oil that spilled on the slide...LOL;) that and a lot of boys with sunglasses on looking for mom?? (kids walking by yelling mom,, mom you up here!):D

How'd I know I would find you three here. :)

Hey when I saw the title of this thread I thought the OP was asking about using the Library...but after reading....

I'm 41, with two kids I breastfed and a few curves (but no size 8). I have been microwaving my (.)(.) just so they don't burn to a crisp when I hit the funnel deck. I'm not sure I would care about gawkers, even if they stared in horror!

Bring on the Jimmy Caps and baby oil. Look out Miracle, here I come! Whoo Hoo!:D

And to think I thought this would be my CC "funnel deck", where I could post without anyone knowing the baggage I carry when it comes to these topics:p

It's all good ;) Tim did you happen to see any "hankies" whilst on the funnel deck?

I didn't expect to find AVC here......I expected to find him on the funnel deck when I boarded the Miracle, handcuffed to the rail, refusing to get off the ship.

I didn't want to leave, but the DW's skin was turning a non-Scandanavian shade of pink;) On that note- If I have one complaint, it would be the banner that goes around the railing. It kept the wind down to a minimum and it was damn hot up thar. Oh, that and the 60+ year old solo dude with mirrored shades who was pretending to read a book whilst sitting facing all the young ladies up there. If you're reading this 60+ year old solo dude- Nice try, Mr. Pup Tent:eek:

Archived