Referral Program and terrible customer relations, again!

catmand

I did a search and found various responses about the program and this problem but nothing this specific.

I know all issue about customer service via phone, not sure why this bothered me so much? Well MAYBE I was upset at being talked to like I was a bothersome parasitic idiot? It sure was not the hundred bucks!

Wanda and I are booked on Star next October, daughter asked for info which I sent yesterday. Along with the info I registered her as a referral. She has never booked or sailed (obviously) with Princess. About 30 minutes later I got an e mail back from her saying, Oops, I registered on Princess and didn't use the link. OK.....the following is copied directly from the Princess web site:

Question: Can I refer someone who has already contacted Princess for info?

Answer: Yes, as long as they are at least 18 years of age and residents of the US or Canada who have never booked (even if they canceled) or sailed on a Princess cruise, or been referred by another Member.

Question: I sent my friend the Referral email, but he/she registered at http://www.princess.com without using the link in the email. How can we both get the rewards we deserve?

Answer: We will need to contact your friend for authorization to apply this reward and will contact you via email to confirm. Please call 1-800-PRINCESS to begin this process. In order to ensure immediate reward allocation, your referral should use the link in the Referral email that you sent to them.

I called 1-800-ya right and spoke with "Carol" I told her the issue and read the above, she said "the web site is wrong, you can not get the credit" AND "you don't qualify and you agreed to that when you "signed" the agreement on line." (the on-line agreement does not cover this in any way shape or form)

I was steamed at her attitude and called back a few minutes later, spoke to Natasha, repeated the above conversation, she said they were "trained to say that" got my Captains Circle number and sent me to a C.S. supervisor. By the way, it's really bad to keep an angry person on hold for 10 minutes. Eventually I got Nickki who went into my file, said "you are correct, the web site does state we can rectify this." also "you are a loyal customer and we would hate to lose you over something like this" (I NEVER threatened this to anyone). She said she would record this in my file, gave me her contact numbers and said when the kids book she will make sure the credits are issued.

Oh, she has been with Princess for 7 years and isn't planning on going anywhere.

What I dealt with and they way I was spoken to is just another sad example of the customer service we all have to put up with every day. These folks are not paid to think, that's for sure.

PS: Nickki asked if I would mind answering a few survey questions when we completed our conversation and I said sure. She disconnected me when she tried to transfer me to that line!

Have a great day all and remember, If they say it on their web site they should be doing it!.....Chuck

Archived