For Those Who Don't Like the Coffee

davewilliamt

I am perfectly happy with Maxwell house in my Mr. Coffee at home... not a coffee snob here, but the stuff on board is not drinkable in my opinion. Some like it. I can't drink it. Though for whatever unknown reason the stuff in the dining room is slightly better. I usually drink hot tea at the buffet and have enjoyed the specialty coffee's too.

I usually drink Starbucks. On the ship I like the coffee in the dining rooms and the coffee (both fresh brewed and latte's) down at the Coffee Shop on deck 5. But the coffee in the buffet area is pretty awful - it definitely doesn't taste like the good coffee we've enjoyed in the dining rooms.

I was glad they added the coffee cards this past year so we could get fresh brewed whenever we wanted it. I'd actually been considering doing like other posters have mentioned and taken a small coffee maker on our cruises.

I usually drink Starbucks. On the ship I like the coffee in the dining rooms and the coffee (both fresh brewed and latte's) down at the Coffee Shop on deck 5. But the coffee in the buffet area is pretty awful - it definitely doesn't taste like the good coffee we've enjoyed in the dining rooms.

I was glad they added the coffee cards this past year so we could get fresh brewed whenever we wanted it. I'd actually been considering doing like other posters have mentioned and taken a small coffee maker on our cruises.

Nothing like your own brew. The buffet coffee becomes more palatable if you use 2/3 coffee and 1/3 hot water. Try it.

On Board coffee beats the burnt Starbucks by a country mile - the only people who drink Starbucks are the "coffee snobs" who think that if they pay $3 for a cup of coffee it has to be good. Has anybody tried "Speedway" Cappucino for $.99 for a 24 oz cup - much better than anything else on the planet.

Ron

Just out of curiosity, If you do not like the coffee on board (syrup based) What coffee do you drink at home?

I drink starbucks, and I generally like the coffee they brew on board ( CB & Star) :confused:

There in lies the problem.... they do not brew it.......they mix hot water with a syrup. Nothing like a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

I drink Cafe Brit from Costa Rica. I dont care for Starbucks, tastes burned to me.

Karen

Cafe Britt (not Brit) is a brand name; they have several different varieties and roasts to serve a wide variety of tastes. My particular favorite is the Tarrazu Montecielo.

I don't mind the coffee on board - certainly better than what used to be served in the military, where it had been "on the burner" all night!

Don't care for Starbucks - but do like Mr. Peets.

Same comment as above - it's "Peets", not "Mr. Peets", and they have a couple of dozen varieties, roasts, and blends. Great stuff! Alfred Peet, the founder of the company who just recently died, was the inspiration for Starbucks! My personal Peet's favorite is Major Dickason's blend.

I also like the Guatemala coffee carried by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I buy whole roasted beans (haven't gotten around to roasting them myself yet, like the true coffee snobs), grind them right before brewing, and use a French Press to brew my 8 daily cups.

And yes - the syrup swill on board Princess is, to me, totally unpalatable!

Archived