Pre-ordering Liquor to the room

stingraynz

I will be sailing Nov 25 Rome to Singapore and I would like to order a bottle of bailey's Irish Cream so it is waiting there when I arrive onboard.

I have done this on Princess, HAL & RCI in the past. I do not know how to contact Oceania to get this ordered. My TA has tried bon-voyage gifts (as she usually treats me to this). Does anyone know the number to call and order this...I am sure it can be done and we really dislike slugging the bottle onboard in our bags. I absolutely do not want to order a shot from RS everytime I want to enjoy some on the balcony on a 27 day cruise :)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I used Blackle (google but uses less energy) to find a purveyor of our favorite Bermuda Black Rum in Barcelona so we do not have to schlep it arcoss the pond for our cruise. I am sure you could do the same for Civitavecchai

Last year on our Venice to Barcelona cruise I ordered three bottles of liquor from our Butler. If you don't have a butler, I would imagine room service can accommodate you. The butler appeared within an hour of our boarding and the liquor was delivered about an hour later.

The booze was NOT CHEAP! Brand name scotch, rum and gin - - each bottle was $60 - can't remember if the auto gratuity was added. Did the same thing on a recent Holland America Cruise (Montreal to NYC) and the cost for two bottles was approx $60. HAL does not allow you to bring your own liquor on board. Oceania does.

Hope this helps you decide to either spend the money or schlepp a few bottles . . . We wound up bringing a full bottle home from the O trip, packed in our luggage without incident (see we're not as big drinkers as you probably thought :D ). But not sure all of that is worth the trouble. On next O trip, I would look for a local liquor store for in room bar.

Archived