Crown Plaza To Port

ORV

Being new to the area I'm not sure how this will work. We're coming in a day early and are going to try to book the Crown Plaza. The questions I have are,

Do any of the hotels in the San Pedro port area offer a shuttle or are you pretty much on your own getting from LAX to the hotel?

Do any of them offer a shuttle to the cruise pier?. We are on the Golden Princess leaving 1/26.

Thanks for any assistance and feel free to offer any other advice.

The Crowne Plaza is supposed to have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. They don't have anything set up for transportation from LAX, but there are reports that you can arrange a discounted SuperShuttle trip if you get the right person at the desk when you call. SuperShuttle is normally $17 per person.

I haven't arranged my LAX-Crowne Plaza transportation yet, but I will probably try that myself.

Theron

Answering your questions specifically...;)

Do any of the hotels in the San Pedro port area offer a shuttle or are you pretty much on your own getting from LAX to the hotel?

Currently the Crowne Plaza is the only one that makes an effort to do this...

If you book with them and get the "Fly and Sail" package, then they have a personal subcontract with SuperShuttle to get you to and from LAX.

They will arrange this for and with your cruise stay...

Otherwise you'll have to arrange a shuttle or get a taxi yourself...

Do any of them offer a shuttle to the cruise pier?. We are on the Golden Princess leaving 1/26.

The Crowne Plaza absolutely does, as well as the Doubletree.

Doubletree will also drive you around anywhere in San Pedro direct area (about a 5 mile radius) to any restaurants or activites that you want to do...

Here are links to check out both:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

Hopefully this helps...

Just be careful when you depart LAX, there is a Crowne Plaza Shuttle, but that will take you to the LAX Crowne Plaza. Someone directed my mom to that shuttle last year and she had to pay for a taxi to the San Pedro LAX.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in booking at the Crowne Plaza on Jan 25, it is pretty much full up.

We almost didn't get 2 rooms for the Sail & Fly package.

If you need that date I'd make reservations right away.

Archived