Carnival Legends or Carnival Idol

Rockitman

I took the Carnival Pride cruise almost 2 years ago. One of the shows featured all the best karaoke singers during the week and they competed on the big stage. They called it Pride Idol.

After reading some not so recent reviews, it appears, at least on the Pride, that they've changed the format and call it Legends. Where there are about 6 different rock legends to choose from, and you tryout during the week in the Karaoke bar to be say, Garth Brooks, James Brown, Elvis, Elton John, etc. etc. You cannot choose the song you wish to sing either, they already have preselected the song for each Legend.

The best one gets to perform on the big stage in the Legends show, complete with costume and makeup, etc.

Is this still the format on the Pride? How can I find out which legendary singers are the ones they do and which songs they use for them?

I took the Carnival Pride cruise almost 2 years ago. One of the shows featured all the best karaoke singers during the week and they competed on the big stage. They called it Pride Idol.

After reading some not so recent reviews, it appears, at least on the Pride, that they've changed the format and call it Legends. Where there are about 6 different rock legends to choose from, and you tryout during the week in the Karaoke bar to be say, Garth Brooks, James Brown, Elvis, Elton John, etc. etc. You cannot choose the song you wish to sing either, they already have preselected the song for each Legend.

The best one gets to perform on the big stage in the Legends show, complete with costume and makeup, etc.

Is this still the format on the Pride? How can I find out which legendary singers are the ones they do and which songs they use for them?

The Pride now does the Legends Show (set songs performed in the original key only) in the main theater. IF the Pride offers the Idol, it would be done at midnight at the smaller theater.

The following is a list of the legends and the song they sing in the show.

Female Legends

Aretha Franklin - "Respect"

Britney Spears (yeah, I don't think she is a legend either) - "Hit me baby, one more time"

Gloria Estefan - "Rhythm is gonna get you"

Madonna - "Like a Virgin"

Male Legends

James Brown - "I feel good"

Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"

Ricky Martin - "Livin' La Vida Loca"

Garth Brooks - "Friends in Low Places"

Elvis - "Jailhouse Rock/Hound Dog Medley"

Frank Sinatra - "My Way"

Archived