Babysitting on the Miracle?

2S'4Me

Hi- This is my first time on this site! I am sailing on the Miracle in April with my husband, 2 kids, parents, brother and his wife and 2 kids. We are all experienced cruisers, but this is the first time we're doing it with kids. At the time of the sailing, the 4 kids will be 4, 3 and 2 under 2. I know the 3 & 4 year old aren't a problem because they can go to camp, but the issue is with the babies... Ideally, we'd be able to take the kids to dinner at the buffet, then send them to camp/babysitting so that the adults can dine together (in peace!) at the late seating. The problem is that it does not seem that there is anything we can do with the babies until after 10pm! Does anyone know if there are any options for us?? Thanks so much!!

Hi- This is my first time on this site! I am sailing on the Miracle in April with my husband' date=' 2 kids, parents, brother and his wife and 2 kids. We are all experienced cruisers, but this is the first time we're doing it with kids. At the time of the sailing, the 4 kids will be 4, 3 and 2 under 2. I know the 3 & 4 year old aren't a problem because they can go to camp, but the issue is with the babies... Ideally, we'd be able to take the kids to dinner at the buffet, then send them to camp/babysitting so that the adults can dine together (in peace!) at the late seating. The problem is that it does not seem that there is anything we can do with the babies until after 10pm! Does anyone know if there are any options for us?? Thanks so much!![/quote']

It is my understanding that the 10pm - 3am is your only option for babysitting. $6 per hour ...

Nothing during the dinner hours....

sorry

But you may want to ask this question over in the Family section of this forum. You will get more experienced answers...we did not start cruising with our boys until they were 5 and 8!!

The 2Yo can go to, just the under 2 that cannot go to camp during normal hours. So you with either have to dine with the 2 yo then take to camp or take a willing babysitter with you :)

I think the OP meant one 4 year old, one 3 year old and TWO under the age of 2.

I misread it the first time as well. :)

I think the OP meant one 4 year old, one 3 year old and TWO under the age of 2.

I misread it the first time as well. :)

Oh i did too :) Now that you said that I read it correctly. Dont know how I saw it Oh well. So you have 2 to dine with every night, or maybe you can talk them into staying at grandma's . I dont bash people who are brave and have enought energy to take under 2's on a cruise, but no way could I have done it!

When my DD took her DD, 8 mo old, on a cruise she took her g-ma to watch her. I had a great time with my grandbaby on a cruise ship:D

Camp Carnival is unable to accept children Under 2 years during activity times but we do offer babysitting services for you within Camp Carnival. We do not offer in cabin babysitting. Babysitting services for Under 2's are available each evening from 10pm-3am as well as our Family Play Times on Sea Days and during freeplay times on port days. All babysitting services for Under 2's are charged at babysitting price ($6.00 an hour). During Family Play Times on Sea Days parents with Under 2's are welcome to stay with their under 2's at no charge. Check the on board Camp Carnival capers for specific times.

When my DD took her DD, 8 mo old, on a cruise she took her g-ma to watch her. I had a great time with my grandbaby on a cruise ship:D

Camp Carnival is unable to accept children Under 2 years during activity times but we do offer babysitting services for you within Camp Carnival. We do not offer in cabin babysitting. Babysitting services for Under 2's are available each evening from 10pm-3am as well as our Family Play Times on Sea Days and during freeplay times on port days. All babysitting services for Under 2's are charged at babysitting price ($6.00 an hour). During Family Play Times on Sea Days parents with Under 2's are welcome to stay with their under 2's at no charge. Check the on board Camp Carnival capers for specific times.

Thanks for the info on the "playtime with parents".... I knew that was in there sometime but I could not remember exactly when.

What a wonderful grandama you are!!! Since one set of parents are going, I was going to suggest an aunt or something to go and bunk with the grandparents as a babysitter.

Sorry but with the under 2's, there isn't anything to "do with them" until after 10pm. And frankly, that's the time we usually pick up our girls at Camp...at 10pm.

Our schedule on every cruise is usually the same - Early Seating with the kids, drop them off at 7pm for the Camp activities. Pick them up at 10pm for bedtime.

When my kids were under 2, I knew I wouldn't be able to go anywhere without them. So I sailed on lines that had in cabin sitting or a nursery (RCCL and Disney). But we ended up never using those anyway. On those cruises, we traded off the kids. One couple would go out together one night and the other would stay with the kids. Then the next night we would switch.

Archived