Aft balconies on Voyager

JDRMYS

Does anyone know the difference in the depth of the aft facing balconies on deck 7 from those on deck 9 on the Voyager? Radisson will tell us only that the deck 7 balconies are smaller, but not how much smaller. We are booked in a deck 7 Seven Seas Aft suite for a cruise with 10 sea days. We had requested a deck 9 Seven Seas Aft suite, but these are already taken. We've been on the Mariner a number of times and love the huge aft balconies in the Seven Seas Aft and Horizon suites. The size of these balconies is one of the things that keeps us coming back to RSSC. Unfortunately, on the Voyager, all but a few of the Horizon suites have balconies that are too narrow for us now that we have been spoiled on the Mariner.

For the cabins in the center (Horizon suites), the website says the balconies range from 105 to 180 sq.ft. I would assume a similar difference would be found on the outside Seven Seas suites from deck 7 to deck 9, but not positive on this.

I believe the reason the decks of the aft suites are a bit smaller on Voyager is that the ship is shorter than Mariner. The aft stateroom balconies are still much larger than the standard staterooms and I don't think you'll even notice the difference; especially in the Seven Seas suites.

We had an aft (877) on Voyager June/July of this year. Fabulous experience. All the afters we met loved the aft cabins. I don't know the size differences between the decks. But I don't think they are significant. If you can get an aft corner cabin, offered at the same price, as we did, go for it. The corner decks are wrap around and much larger. Our 877 deck was probably over 150 square feet. We felt like we have purchased a "premium" suite!

Patrick

Archived