Carnival Sensation: Review of a first cruise

sandravb79

"Most Americans ran to the buffet as f they had never ever seen food in their lives, we weren't hungry yet.

We were amazed by the way people around us ate... realy as if they had never ever seen food in their lives; it was rather pathetic. "

This is just my very humble opinion. Since I don't ever find pointing fingers and calling people "pathetic" a necessary part of a review and it has nothing to do with "PC".

I'm just not sure what those type of observations add to a review. Tell me if your fellow passengers were rude, if they knocked you out of line, if they were chair hogs, if they talked during a performance. All of these can impact your cruising experience.

What the person next to you has on your plate????? That people ran to the buffet.. maybe they hadn't eaten breakfast.. just because you weren't hungry .... I don't really get it. A big beautiful ship full of people from all over the world. Why would you even be looking at someone else's plate... Finding things to critize about fellow passengers that were not bothering you. I'm sorry.. I love reviews but I personally don't care what other people put on their plates. But evidently some people do.

"Most Americans ran to the buffet as f they had never ever seen food in their lives, we weren't hungry yet.

We were amazed by the way people around us ate... realy as if they had never ever seen food in their lives; it was rather pathetic. "

This is just my very humble opinion. Since I don't ever find pointing fingers and calling people "pathetic" a necessary part of a review and it has nothing to do with "PC".

I'm just not sure what those type of observations add to a review. Tell me if your fellow passengers were rude, if they knocked you out of line, if they were chair hogs, if they talked during a performance. All of these can impact your cruising experience.

What the person next to you has on your plate????? That people ran to the buffet.. maybe they hadn't eaten breakfast.. just because you weren't hungry .... I don't really get it. A big beautiful ship full of people from all over the world. Why would you even be looking at someone else's plate... Finding things to critize about fellow passengers that were not bothering you. I'm sorry.. I love reviews but I personally don't care what other people put on their plates. But evidently some people do.

I am by no ways a thin person and I like food as much as the next person. But I have always been amazed at how people on cruises act like they are starved to death. Is it because they want to get their moneys worth?? I think that may be it..........look around at a golden corral, its the same way there too. I guess the worst part is the way they run you over to get what they want. I hope I don't ever seem to be that way. But who knows !!

Actually, two ladies (?) almost punched each other's nose for the last piece of some dessert... And yes, some guy almost knocked me over, because he wanted that last cheeseburger.

Actually, two ladies (?) almost punched each other's nose for the last piece of some dessert... And yes, some guy almost knocked me over, because he wanted that last cheeseburger.

I believe it. I crack up when I see people at the soft serve ice cream machine. They will see how much ice cream they can get in the cone before it falls over. :rolleyes:

I am by no ways a thin person and I like food as much as the next person. But I have always been amazed at how people on cruises act like they are starved to death. Is it because they want to get their moneys worth?? I think that may be it..........look around at a golden corral, its the same way there too. I guess the worst part is the way they run you over to get what they want. I hope I don't ever seem to be that way. But who knows !!

The other day at lunch at a Pizza Hut buffet they were busy and all the pizzas were gone. The server brought two pizzas out to the buffet and two construction guys jumped up and took the entire pizzas themselves. People were standing waiting and these jerks piled pizza on a plate higher than I thought possible.

I read this review this morning and was like WOW :rolleyes: anyways in response to all Americans running to the buffet, I think you didn't read or get the notice to all passengers during embarkation to report to Lido deck because the cabins are not ready yet. This is the norm during embarkation, also I know I do this but most people do not eat breakfast on embarkation day and wait to eat onboard.

We had a rude India waiter on the Carnival Pride once and he lasted 2 days, I guess he had problems with the Late Seating paxs and we never saw him again.

Good review but very insensitive to people from other countries. Sounds like you have a grudge against Americans.

Fred

Archived