Triumph: rollaway or trundle

dres40

Sailing with DH and DD on the Triumph in a balcony cabin.

Really don’t want our 5 year old in an upper and none of the cabins for 3 have a convertible sofa.

What are the rollaways like on the Triumph? During the day are they folded up in the room or get put away under the bed at night, like a trundle?

Do they take up lots of room when set up?

I’m thinking of getting the room with the upper to save floor space and maybe I will sleep on it.

Or maybe getting a twin air mattress that I can stick under the bed during the day.

Not sure what to do.

Sailing with DH and DD on the Triumph in a balcony cabin.

Really don’t want our 5 year old in an upper and none of the cabins for 3 have a convertible sofa.

What are the rollaways like on the Triumph? During the day are they folded up in the room or get put away under the bed at night, like a trundle?

Do they take up lots of room when set up?

I’m thinking of getting the room with the upper to save floor space and maybe I will sleep on it.

Or maybe getting a twin air mattress that I can stick under the bed during the day.

Not sure what to do.

For our Triumph cruise we had 6 in adjoining balconies...the intention was to be 3 and 3, but due to a mix up, we were booked in a quad along with a 2 person cabin.......I thought my son could sleep on the couch in the 2 person cabin to make it 3 and 3. The steward said the couch didn't convert and it couldn't be done. I asked for a set of sheets because we were going to be 3 and 3 and that I didn't care if I had to make a spot for him.

Every night in the 2 person cabin, the steward set up a floor cot with a mattresss....it had normal sheets and blanket and was even turned down at night with the towel animal(he even put Mitch's stuffed dog in the setting) and the chocolate. It slid under the bed in the daytime.....

NO PROBLEM!!

Thank you so much for the replies. All were very helpful. I think I will do the rollaway. As long as it gets tucked away under the main bed at night we will not lose floor space during the day. I don’t think I would like having to climb in an upper to sleep.

To chitown cruisers, it's so funny what you said about photos. My sister was on her first cruise in a Cat. 12 suite on the Elation and I told her to take lots of photos of the cabin, including the bathroom.

She and her husband thought I was nuts. LOL

Archived