Scubagirl? Taxi cost from airport to Paradise Island?

Jeanne B

I just booked a last minute 2-night trip to Nassau after our return from a Western Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale next month (thanks to a good deal on airfare). We'll probably stay at Comfort Suites but since we've only been there previously on Disney cruises traveling to Nassau by air is new to me.

I read somewhere that a taxi from the airport to either Atlantis or CS would be about $30 one-way. Is that correct and is that the best way for us to get to Paradise Island? It would be DH, myself and DD14.

Our flight lands at 5 pm, what time could we expect to be at the hotel? And I'm assuming there would be plenty of taxis at the airport? Any safety issues we need to concerned about considering it will be dark when we land? I wanted to get a flight that arrived at noon but I was concerned we wouldn't be able to get from the port to FLL in time to make a 10:50 a.m. international flight so I settled for the 4:00 pm flight.:(

I just booked a last minute 2-night trip to Nassau after our return from a Western Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale next month (thanks to a good deal on airfare). We'll probably stay at Comfort Suites but since we've only been there previously on Disney cruises traveling to Nassau by air is new to me.

I read somewhere that a taxi from the airport to either Atlantis or CS would be about $30 one-way. Is that correct and is that the best way for us to get to Paradise Island? It would be DH, myself and DD14.

Our flight lands at 5 pm, what time could we expect to be at the hotel? And I'm assuming there would be plenty of taxis at the airport? Any safety issues we need to concerned about considering it will be dark when we land? I wanted to get a flight that arrived at noon but I was concerned we wouldn't be able to get from the port to FLL in time to make a 10:50 a.m. international flight so I settled for the 4:00 pm flight.:(

Taxi fare is on the nose. $30 for the 3 of you. ($27 base for 2 plus $3 for an add'l person). Going over, you pay the $1 toll. (plus tip).

The trip will take about 30 minutes or so.. it's heavy traffic time.. so maybe a few minutes more. Make sure you let the hotel know you will be a late arrival.

No problem with safety in the areas that you will be traveling, and you'll find Paradise Island lit up for the evening, so you can enjoy the marina village and surrounding area.

Enjoy your stay.

Archived