Singles

BillfromWV

My brother is going on a cruise with a group of us on Liberty OS next week. He was dating a lady who was going to go with us but unfortunately the relationship ended this summer and he will be lacking the companionship of a partner on the cruise. This seems to have him a little uptight about being a third wheel among the other couples. Question to all: Is there places on the ship where he can meet other singles? If so where and does anyone have any suggetions for my brother Larry.

Thanks for all of the insight in advance

Bill

My brother is going on a cruise with a group of us on Liberty OS next week. He was dating a lady who was going to go with us but unfortunately the relationship ended this summer and he will be lacking the companionship of a partner on the cruise. This seems to have him a little uptight about being a third wheel among the other couples. Question to all: Is there places on the ship where he can meet other singles? If so where and does anyone have any suggetions for my brother Larry.

Thanks for all of the insight in advance

Bill

I had the same thing happen to me in 05. I ended up cruising with my DD and her friend and they were involved with the kids stuff which left me on my own!. I think it was the best thing that could have happened! I met sooo many nice people and still have friendships with them! Even cruising again with some! They do have some singles activities onboard also! It seemed anywhere I was on the ship I was meeting new people and I never felt like a third wheel. A great spot also is the promenade bar. The bartenders are very entertaining and I would sit with the same people there at night and learn new bar tricks and jokes! Let me say I did not go out of my way to meet people..it just happened! Have a wonderful cruise..Larry will be fine!

On some cruises that we have been on, I have seen Singles' Get-together parties listed in the Compass (daily activity sheet). They may have them on all cruises, but I was never really looking for them. DH gets upset when I go to singles parties ! LOL.

Also, there is bulletin board usually near the Guest Relations desk that has listings for various types of groups. He could even post a notice and see if any singles respond.

There is so much going on on any cruise that I am sure you will all have a great time!

He will be fine, I cruise single all the time and as everyone has said, he will or should be able to meet lots of nice people both married and some single. The main thing to remember is he is on vacation and like everything in life, he will need to have a positive attitude and concentrate on having a good time.

BTW, there is a Singles board on Cruise Critic where he can post to see if there are any others. Remember if nobody responds that doesn't mean there aren't singles onboard.

I don't think he will have any problem meeting people. I can't sit at a bar by myself more than 10 minutes before someone strikes up a conversation with me. It seems like the fun, friendly atmosphere on cruise ships just leads people to open up easier.

He also might want to try going to some of the dance lesson activities. Whenever I have gone there have been many ladies scrambling around looking for a partner. It could be a fun way to meet people.

Archived