Need advice on shoes......

supernanny

I have 2 dresses that I am trying to decide between for a Caribbean cruise. They are both a champagne/gold color but a little difference in shades. One is strapless, full length satin with a lacy overlay which has silver highlights in it and laces up in the back. The other is a more slinky tank style top with some some small glittery gems all over. This one is also full length but shorter in the front? Anyway, my question is what type/color of shoes to wear with either of these. I have a pair of split pumps in a gold that absolutely matches the lacy one, but is that too bridesmaidish? I was thinking possibly a silver because of the silver highlights in the dress but think it might also clash? Just not sure about the other dress at all. I was thinking more of a sexy sandal but no idea what color to go with? Also, same question about a wrap?

I have 2 dresses that I am trying to decide between for a Caribbean cruise. They are both a champagne/gold color but a little difference in shades. One is strapless, full length satin with a lacy overlay which has silver highlights in it and laces up in the back. The other is a more slinky tank style top with some some small glittery gems all over. This one is also full length but shorter in the front? Anyway, my question is what type/color of shoes to wear with either of these. I have a pair of split pumps in a gold that absolutely matches the lacy one, but is that too bridesmaidish? I was thinking possibly a silver because of the silver highlights in the dress but think it might also clash? Just not sure about the other dress at all. I was thinking more of a sexy sandal but no idea what color to go with? Also, same question about a wrap?

As for the lacy dress with the silver highlights, I think silver shoes would be perfect! It shouldn't clash. It should bring out those highlights.

The other one -- the slinky tank style top with glittery gems -- what color is it?

Not seeing the dresses is harder to come up with suggestions. If you are trying to cut back on shoes, my instinct would be to find a pair of champagne colored shoes (high heeled sandals?) that would go with both dresses. These are just a few examples from Nordstrom. A lot of ladies here have found Zappos to be a good source for shoes.

_5478035.jpg_5444985.jpg_5431259.jpg

Re-reading your post, I see you are trying to decide between dresses, right?

Still, not seeing them is a bit of a problem, they both do sound lovely. I suppose I would just go with the one I like better on myself and more than likely the one I already have the shoes for.

Archived