Majesty Gurus Needed...

maybesomeday

we took this cruise in feb and found the trip rather nice, a couple nice sea days to relax and sleep in or stay up late. the shows at night all did pretty good. food was great, boat was a little under powered so we got into one port late. we are diamond shoppers at heart so we didnt get any diamonds but did get a great set of black coral from Barnard Passman, the price has already gone up and they do take trade ins, go to the siminar on shopping while on first sea day to pick up shopping tips. "Jason"

http://www.passman.com/

hell if things are going good at work we might be able to take another trip on this ship in march 08...we have to other trips planned on in May "Alaska" and again in Sept..Barcelona.....italy

well good luck and play in the clear water

If you decide to dine at LeBistro be sure to ask to be seated INSIDE the restaurant when you make your reservations.

The Pasta Cafe has a very nice atmosphere, particularly at sunset.

The bar in the Pasta Cafe is nice and relaxing for a before dinner drink regardless of where you are planning to eat that night.

THere were large windows by one of the main restaurants, it was the smaller one in the mid-ship area. Anyway, I remember sitting in the windows and just watching the water. It was nice and quiet and so relaxing. It was a great place to be when we left Charleston as it was cold outside and I wasn't up for being on deck.

We've been on the Majesty for 10 of their Bermuda sailings out of Boston. We've been on other lines and larger ships but there is something so homey and comfy about the Majesty. Sort of like a comfortable solid hotel where the chairs are leather and comfy and the staff is just wonderful! The cabins are smaller than you'd find on a new ship. The suites are larger and have old fashioned tubs and best of all a floor to ceiling bay window and chairs where you can sit and watch the water or whatever else. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies around the ship. Go topside in the evening - the floor above the pool/Lido and there are always empty chairs stacked you can have or lounge chairs and just lie and look up at moon/stars/whatever. The Pasta Restaurant is free but you need a reservation almost the first day because it fills up fast. And when it isn't being a restaurant it has usually become another great bar area with either music or karioke some nights. Again, big comfy chairs and flowers at the tables. It is on the 9th level. And ElBistro? If you want to pay the surcharge yes, by all means, make sure you get an "inside" table. for some reason they've started putting tables out in the hallway so yes, you have a window to sit by but yes, everyone walking by also gets to cough, look, trip, etc. Since NCL is freestyle, we've avoided lines or waiting by going to

eat at less popular hours. Try both dining rooms. The smaller one has again cozy corners. We love the smaller piano bar near the theater where again - did I mention the comfy chairs? - anyhow there is usually music, sometimes the bandmembers come down and jam late or there is also usually piano at the bar outside the Firecracker Lounge which usually has a band.

We are going to miss our old Majesty so have a great time on her. Everyone here in Boston - well, at least if you look at the postings regarding her move to Charleston it seems so - will miss her.

If you have any specific questions all this rambling hasn't answered let me know! margretha

Margretha, thank you for the info. Jan.5 my mom, sister, and my uncle will be cruising on the Majesty. My uncle and I are in AA 903. What is it that obstructs the view? My uncle will be in a folding wheelchair. Will there be a problem using the elevators? Enough room in them? Frequently too crowded to hold the wheelchair ect.?

Thank you for helping.

THere were large windows by one of the main restaurants, it was the smaller one in the mid-ship area. Anyway, I remember sitting in the windows and just watching the water. It was nice and quiet and so relaxing. It was a great place to be when we left Charleston as it was cold outside and I wasn't up for being on deck.

I agree, this was a great place and one of my favorites. Only have a thumbnail to post at the moment.

IMG_0845.jpg.844d686f24859a1d83639c59b2b41922.jpg

Margretha, thank you for the info. Jan.5 my mom, sister, and my uncle will be cruising on the Majesty. My uncle and I are in AA 903. What is it that obstructs the view? My uncle will be in a folding wheelchair. Will there be a problem using the elevators? Enough room in them? Frequently too crowded to hold the wheelchair ect.?

Thank you for helping.

Susie51,

We were in AA 901, and there are some pictures in my webshots link in my signature. It is a mirror image of 903. The obstruction is minimal in 903 from what I remember, and you will have a large window in the bedroom and in the living room.

I hope you enjoy the Majesty and AA as much as we did. I seem to remember the elevators being large enough for a wheel chair and a few people too. I don't remember them being too crowed either, but we were in Bermuda for 3 1/2 days, so people weren't rushing to make excursions, etc.

Have a great time.

You will get 3 bottles of liquor in the AA, and they will bring you mixers upon request. You might be able to substitute the liquor for wine also, but I'm not positive. Just ask your concierge, who will also make your dinner reservations for you.

Maybesomeday,

I believe some of those seats in the picture Iheartda posted are next to the coffee bar. The martini clinics in the Polo Club were a lot of fun too. The Mushroom Soup in the breadbowl in LeBistro was out of this world, the best I've ever had. The Piazza San Marco was a great place for quick salads, burger, hot dog, fries, pizza, fruit, and sometimes beef on the grill, etc.

Have a great honeymoon on the Majesty. Jackie

Susie51 - The only issue may be the access for the bathroom - there is a step up into the bathroom. If your uncle can navigate without the chair for regular room mobility there shouldn't be any issue. The only obstruction we've seen in the 900 suites have been small parts of the lifeboats. We were in 907 a couple of times and if you stood and stared right you could see the top of the very orange lifeboat but with the number of windows and angles you hardly notice it. You will have a wonderful time I'm sure and we've been onboard when a number of people have those motorized scooters or wheelchairs and no one ever seems to have an issue. Like the dining times, there are times when people are standing around waiting to get into elevators and times when no one else seems anywhere near the elevators. I love the little touches in the bathrooms like the silver-topped bathsalts and cotton balls and things. And the marble everywhere in the bathroom. It is very spiffy and sort of art deco. margretha

Ok, there is SOOO much information and we are leaving for our honeymoon on the Majesty in 2 weeks...

Can you guys help me out with must do's and must see's on this ship??

Thanks in advance, I am off to poke around and read more about the ship... :D

No one has mentioned this yet, so I'll pop in on this thread. When you can't find a table in the cafeteria (which is very small on this older ship), or even if you just want a quieter place to eat, go to the very back of the cafeteria and down the stairs. There is a lovely, quiet lounge there where they make provision for the overflow. Very pleasant for eating your meal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived