Stateroom Question On Glory

Dave4120

Hello Everyone...We are not new to cruising, but of the 16 cruises we have taken, this will only be our second on Carnival, and our first one on Carnival was 10-years ago.

I have a question about cabin size, balcony and location on the Carnival Glory. We are already booked in a 8-D balcony for this January, however, we were thinking of upgrading to a 9-A.

The only difference I think I can see is that the 9-A cabins are at the back corner of the ship and even though these cabins seem to be the same 185 sq. feet as our 8-D cabin, they seemed to be shaped different...PLUS, the balconies seem to be much larger and curve around the entire back corner of the ship.

Has anyone ever been in a 9-A? If so, 6452 on the Upper Deck is open, 8442 on the Verandah Deck is open, and 7445 is open on the Empress Deck.

Even these 3-cabins seem to have different shapes and the 7445 on the Empress Deck seems to have a balcony with less depth than the other two.

Just wondering what everyone thinks before we decide to upgrade.

Thank-you for your time and help.

Dave

The ones that are on the corners have larger and deeper balconies, the ones on the side have longer not deeper. The ones on the coreners are also shaped different and have no sofas. I would go with 8457 if you want to have a bigger balcony for the same price as an 8D, the ones on the two corners of the Verandah deck (8) have larger than normal aft balconies but are not 9As.

Hello Everyone...We are not new to cruising, but of the 16 cruises we have taken, this will only be our second on Carnival, and our first one on Carnival was 10-years ago.

I have a question about cabin size, balcony and location on the Carnival Glory. We are already booked in a 8-D balcony for this January, however, we were thinking of upgrading to a 9-A.

The only difference I think I can see is that the 9-A cabins are at the back corner of the ship and even though these cabins seem to be the same 185 sq. feet as our 8-D cabin, they seemed to be shaped different...PLUS, the balconies seem to be much larger and curve around the entire back corner of the ship.

Has anyone ever been in a 9-A? If so, 6452 on the Upper Deck is open, 8442 on the Verandah Deck is open, and 7445 is open on the Empress Deck.

Even these 3-cabins seem to have different shapes and the 7445 on the Empress Deck seems to have a balcony with less depth than the other two.

Just wondering what everyone thinks before we decide to upgrade.

Thank-you for your time and help.

Dave

People book the 9A's for a reason (the balcony) and most would be ticked if they were given a free upgrade. Every deck is shapped different because of the angle back of the ship. Some of the balconies have more aft and less side than others. Deck 7 will put you in between cabin decks, deck 6 is over a lounge but gets high praise from some who cruise 9A's frequently (Tom and Cheryl). Not sure if it's true that all do not have couches(I thought one of the decks did).

For me, all were available and I took deck 6 on a recommendation.

My parents had deck 7 on the Triumph

2802220630089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2831682650089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2563408980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived