Waverunner Rental in Labadee

airlinerob

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Labadee last year on Royal Caribbean, and unless a "local" climbed over the fence with a wave runner on his back the only waverunners you can rent are those from the cruiseline. Labadee is a great beach day. Enjoy :)

• 11 months later...

Is the cost of $99 each or is it per wave runner? My husband would like to rent one but I am not so enthusiatic about driving one. I will ride in the back of his. If I ride in the back of his do I still have to pay $99?

having been there b4 I can honestly say of all the ship-board excursions...this one is the best value. I did it with my wife...(99 includes another rider) It's about an hour and a half...half way through you could switch drivers if you like. If you want to go slow...you go to the back if you want to go fast you get at the front and shovel. It was my 1st time on a jet ski, but I was flooring it...or whatever the appropriate term is and I was the 1st one in the groupand I was having trouble keeping up with the guide. Mountains as a backdrop..amazing one of my favs...worth every penny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The cost is per waverunner, but make sure hubby understands it's a "tour" you follow a guide for your ride. WE did it with our 2 kids and had a blast, they take you out around the coastline give you a little island history and geography lesson at different points. If you want to go fast you ride at the front of the line if you want to be a little more cautious (like me) you ride towards the back. If he wants to go out and ride on his own I would suggest one of your other ports.

• 6 months later...

Even though this is a "tour" how does this compare to the ones that you can rent in other places and just be on your own? To me, I have seen others rent them and just go back and forth within view so I never thought this would be a blast. I kind of liked the Labadee idea of going somewhere, even if it is with a group. Any opinions on this? DH and DS want to do this someplace!

We are planning to rent waverunners in Labadee. Can you switch drivers half way through if you pay $89 for driver and $29 for passenger. I am trying to decide if I should rent my own or share with DH. We would like to ride together but I would like a turn to drive. TIA.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I each rented one and had a blast. Neither of us had ever been on one before. The guides takes you up the coast and then back, fastest at the front, slowest at the back. The day we went the seas were smooth as glass and nice and warm, it was fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Archived