PARADISE BEACH - how much to get in?

beachlizzy

Do any of you know how much you have to pay to get into Paradise Beach? I heard it is $10 per person and then you get to use their chairs, floats, etc for free. But I also read somewhere here that there is no charge to get in - they make their money from food and drinks. So I am in need of clarification on this.

What about for parking? Is there plenty of parking? Is there a fee to park? We are planning to rent a car and drive around the island, stopping at PB for a while.

I know PB Tom is on vacation but I thought one of you might know the answer to my questions. Thanks for your help.

So, we are looking at $5 per person to rent things at PB or can one person be the renter? I am trying to figure out budgetting and what/wheres of our trip. We are traveling with six kids - so my thought was to go to PB for the day would cost $4/person for the taxi and $5 per person for the beach - not including food/drinks. Does this sound right? We would also need cash in hand for deposits...

Not sure that the price you state of $4 per person for taxi is correct. We were there last month, and it was $17 for 6 of us (had to use van taxi for over 4 in a group) to the beach, $17 for the 6 of us back to Punta Langosta Pier. This was before tipping. So even without tipping, it was $32 for 6 people, or just over $5 per person. Sounds like you'll be a group of 8??? So it will be even higher. (Unless they will put all of you into 1 van taxi?)

The rest of your figures sound right. $5 per person to use the amenities mentioned above, plus food and drink extra above that. Plus if your group in interested in hair braiding, henna tattoos, massages, land trampoline that you are harnassed into, or power/motorized equipment, these are extra also. (my daughters did the hair and the tattoos).

Quoting PB Tom from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=65760

"Yup, starting Oct 1st, entrance, beach chairs and umbrellas will still be free, but if you want to use the watertoys (snorkel equipment, iceburg, mats, water trampoline, kayaks) we are going to charge $5 a head. That means unlimited use of all the watertoys! That money will be going right back into the equipment. As Marcys pointed out, (Hi Marcy!) equipment does get broken and worn out (just replaced all the springs on the trampoline today!) and we just aren't making enough on food and drink alone. Based on the fact that every other beach club will charge you $6-$10 for snorkel rental alone, I still think we're miles ahead in the value dept!"

Archived